Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

wrestler
Embryo

Introduction

Post by wrestler »

Hello,

Ill just get right to it then. I’m 16 years old and currently reside in Florida. I enjoy wrestling, lifting weights, and other sports. My goal is to learn as much as possible about the Army Rangers, how to get the most out of my contract, and how to be successful in an attempt to become a Ranger.

I do not have any PT results at this time due to a tough wrestling schedule and weight training program. At any Rangers request I will gather necessary information in order to answer any questions concerning my current physical state. While most likely useless, I do have one rep max statistics on Bench Press, Deadlift, and the Squat.

Thank you Rangers and other members.
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Wrestler,

Welcome to the site. PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Namechanger
Embryo

Re: Introduction

Post by Namechanger »

wrestler wrote:Hello,

Ill just get right to it then. I’m 16 years old and currently reside in Florida. I enjoy wrestling, lifting weights, and other sports. My goal is to learn as much as possible about the Army Rangers, how to get the most out of my contract, and how to be successful in an attempt to become a Ranger.

I do not have any PT results at this time due to a tough wrestling schedule and weight training program. At any Rangers request I will gather necessary information in order to answer any questions concerning my current physical state. While most likely useless, I do have one rep max statistics on Bench Press, Deadlift, and the Squat.

Where in Florida do you reside? I'm from Palm Beach Gardens / Jupiter.
11X Opt. 40

Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back.
- Samurai maxim

"The hawk breaks the back of his prey not because of strength, but because of timing."

"An appeal to fear never finds an echo in German hearts.â€
wrestler
Embryo

Post by wrestler »

I currently reside just on the east coast in Brevard. Both of my parents work at the space center.
To wrestle for glory is incomprehensible.
None of those people cheering for you can push you past your breaking point into a realm of strength and honor.
At the end of the day it's only you and him, and let me tell you boys...When all is said and done, only one hand is raised.
People forget wins and losses, but not you.
Wrestle not for the glory and recognition of others.
Wrestle for you and yours.

-Coach
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thanks for your interest in Army Rangers. I'll get right to the point, too. First, it is all well and good that you have impressive one rep maxes for your lifts, but those will not mean much to the Army. What will mean something is to be able to perform about 80 push-ups in two minutes, 80 sit-ups in two minutes and a dozen chin-ups, all with perfect form to Army standards. And a 2-mile run in less than 13 minutes and five miles in less than 40 minutes. Second, read and heed DEP Copperhead's PM to you and the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
wrestler
Embryo

Post by wrestler »

Roger that, Ranger Bill.

I will self administer a PT test this weekend in order to post a more accurate starting point for progression.

When you refer to Chin-Ups, which grip is considered proper form? Pronated or Supinated?
None of those people cheering for you can push you past your breaking point into a realm of strength and honor.
At the end of the day it's only you and him, and let me tell you boys...When all is said and done, only one hand is raised.

-Coach
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

wrestler wrote:Hello,

I too will get right to it.

If you are here to " attempt " then leave now and save yourself some time.

Rangers do not " attempt. " We DO.

Ever heard " and complete the mission, though I be the lone survivor. " ???

Buy a lotto ticket and " attempt " to win.

If you want to DO, stick around and read.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

wrestler wrote:...When you refer to Chin-Ups, which grip is considered proper form? Pronated or Supinated?
In simple language: palms facing you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

wrestler wrote:I currently reside just on the east coast in Brevard. Both of my parents work at the space center.

Hey young grappler it's incomprehensible.

Good Luck mat rat. It's one of the things I attribute to my success.
1st Ranger Bn HHC 1978-81
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79
wrestler
Embryo

Post by wrestler »

FIST TEAM LTR wrote:
wrestler wrote:I currently reside just on the east coast in Brevard. Both of my parents work at the space center.

My apologies Ranger FIRST TEAM LTR, but what is incomprehensible?

Roger that Ranger Bill.

-Coach
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

To wrestle for glory is uncomprehensible.

The word is INCOMPREHENSIBLE
adj. that cannot be understood. (fr. L. incomprehensibilis
1st Ranger Bn HHC 1978-81
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

FIST TEAM LTR wrote:

X2

It's a good base to start from. I look forward to your P.T. scores.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
wrestler
Embryo

Post by wrestler »

Rangers, I apologize for my lengthy absence and inability to reply. In short, I crashed on my motorcycle and did significant damage to myself (not to mention the 4 grand in damage to the warped mound of plastic that was my bike).

I am now 17 years old, and I am scheduled to graduate high school in 8 months. I recently took the ASVAB and scored a 93. I wish to retest after considerable studying due to my lower scores in math and science/tech. I am capable of doing better.

As for my self administered PT test, that leaves MUCH to be desired.

Pushups - 61
Sit Ups - 50
2 Mile Run - 19 min 15 sec
Flexed Arm Hang - 16 seconds

Height - 6'1"
Weight - 235

-Coach
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Sorry to learn about your accident. I guess you have gained a bit of weight and lost some muscle and endurance. Well, you know the work you need to do to get in shape. There is a lot of good stuff in the Physical Training forum to include a daily PT thread. Check it out and get off the couch. Demonstrate that you are serious and you will get all the help you need from the Rangers on this site.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division

Return to “Introduction Archive”