SITREP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

The 11B hit the nail on the head when he called Ft Lee a "country club lifestyle" and admitted to being a little freaked out by it. His disgust was readily apparent, and I can't help but feel the same way.
I must admit I was a little freaked out by it myself, and I'm not an 11B. I guess all the fat asses who are scared to deploy homesteading there really got my goat.

I actually had an E-5 ask me what a maroon beret meant. Needless to say I didn't respond.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

Hey bud keep your head up and don't let Ft Leisure rub off on you. During your off time PT YOUR ASS OFF! Don't fuck yourself on this because it's you who will fuck yourself not the cadre here at Benning. I hear guys all the time complain about getting screwed. Come here with your head in the game.
Don't let your Instructors/Cadre at Ft. Lee fill your head with bullshit about RIP and the Ranger Regiment. As a QM guy who's spent a 3yrs in Big Army I can tell you first hand that Regiment is the place for me. I plan on staying here until I retire (11 more years to go).
BLUF is stay focused on getting here and getting through RIP. Everything else will fall into place.

PM inbound as well

RLTW!
Ranger School CL# 04-05
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Eight Changes,
You must be doing something right. Take the words of Supplyranger to heart. He is a good dude. Make your own luck! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Eight Changes

Post by Steadfast »

Ranger Bill wrote:Good SITREP.
I agree with Ranger Bill. I'd also like to add my congratulations as you are now Airborne!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I went to visit friends of mine in Rigger school after I finished RIP. I chewed a PFCs ass on CQ for not standing up at parade rest when adressing one of the E-6s there (I was a SPC) The E-6 said "Thats OK man, but we don't roll like that here.." Stay focused while there, keep up on your PT and you'll be fine.

I'll say this for Ft. Leisure, their guest housing is the shizz-nit! :wink:
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Eight Changes
Ranger

Post by Eight Changes »

Rangers,

I arrived at RIP today, and will most likely be in hold for at least one month as there is a class just starting.

Of all the Riggers who have recently come down to RIP, only one has actually made it long enough to even start a class. They have all dropped for various reasons ranging from legitimate medical problems, to good old fashioned chickenshittedness.

One other Rigger arrived today as well, but he never volunteered for RIP and apparently got orders for it due to some kind of clerical error. Another soldier with the same last name as him volunteered for it but got orders for Germany instead. At any rate, he is already planning to drop out.

Despite all of this (partially because of it) I am more motivated than ever to succeed here.

I will never quit.

I simply cannot accept failure.

Once again, my thanks to all the Rangers on this board who have helped me get this far.
"User assumes all risk"
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by Ranger175csar »

Eight Changes wrote:Rangers,

I am currently in Tower week at 507th D Co.

So far all is well, though I am a bit envious of all the guys going straight to RIP from here, of which there are quite a few. I still have 11 weeks of AIT before returning for it.

We have already lost 5 of the other rigger hopefuls I shipped with due to injury, stupidity and chikenshittedness.

Everyone around here says D Co is the hardest one, but I may be the only one who is happy about that. We have several Rangers as instructors and our 1st Sgt.

I will continue to remain focused on the goal and never quit.
I was in D-co.. had a great time, fucked the little airbonre chickets (only three of them) but hey... it was a good time. we were always the only ones to jump the towers...

Chickenshitendness... I like it
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
scar
Ranger

Post by scar »

Eight Changes wrote:Rangers,

I arrived at RIP today, and will most likely be in hold for at least one month as there is a class just starting.

Of all the Riggers who have recently come down to RIP, only one has actually made it long enough to even start a class. They have all dropped for various reasons ranging from legitimate medical problems, to good old fashioned chickenshittedness.

One other Rigger arrived today as well, but he never volunteered for RIP and apparently got orders for it due to some kind of clerical error. Another soldier with the same last name as him volunteered for it but got orders for Germany instead. At any rate, he is already planning to drop out.

Despite all of this (partially because of it) I am more motivated than ever to succeed here.

I will never quit.

I simply cannot accept failure.

Once again, my thanks to all the Rangers on this board who have helped me get this far.
RIP hold is shitty, the fastest way to get through there is to go to RIP and graduate, there are some cases that change that, but not many, I had a worldwide roommate who had been there for 10 weeks before he shipped. Stick with it and make it through the next class. I start on Monday
3/75 C 1-1

RS 01-10
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

scar wrote:
RIP hold is shitty, the fastest way to get through there is to go to RIP and graduate
, there are some cases that change that, but not many, I had a worldwide roommate who had been there for 10 weeks before he shipped. Stick with it and make it through the next class. I start on Monday
That is the absolute fucking gospel truth..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:
scar wrote:
RIP hold is shitty, the fastest way to get through there is to go to RIP and graduate
, there are some cases that change that, but not many, I had a worldwide roommate who had been there for 10 weeks before he shipped. Stick with it and make it through the next class. I start on Monday
That is the absolute fucking gospel truth..
Yup, I had 2 zero weeks there... we re-did the VCT in the upstairs hallway... shit didnt want to come up for nothin' so we melted it with a torch and scraped the goo with a putty knife.

We had a shit bag named Spalsbery who went World Wide... he eneded up getting caught wereing a cherry beret on base posing as a A/B regular.
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
Eight Changes
Ranger

Post by Eight Changes »

Rangers,

I took and passed the entrance PT test last Friday, and am now scheduled to attend the next RIP class.

I just barely made the pushups with 43. I went down and my shoulders locked with almost a minute left. I spent the whole minute trying everything I could think of to get back up but ended up running out the clock 2 inches off the ground. Still I consider myself lucky. A lot of guys didn't make it.

During my time in RIP hold I went on a 'chute shakeout detail and met some of the Riggers from 3rd Batt. , they seemed like a really good group.

I'm ready to get started and will absolutely never quit.
"User assumes all risk"
Monsoon
Ranger

Post by Monsoon »

I remember you from airborne, you seemed like a good guy. But 43 just aint gonna cut it man. You dont wanna make it all the way through RIP and then get dropped at the end all because you couldnt do a few more push ups. Get that shit up and just dont quit, you should be fine.
HHC 3/75 MTR PLT '08-'11
SNOT '11-'13
A 3/20th SFG(A) '13-'16
RS 03-09

Mentored by BMF175
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Somewhere, deep down inside of you, you need to find an additional 40-50 pushups. Fast.
The time clock is ticking.
It's now or never on those pushups.
Don't let time run out on you......
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

Hang in there bud and you better do pray to the GRITS that you pass your PT test to graduate RIP. That's a really low number to push out. Good luck in the course and don't EVER think about quiting. Quiting is not an option. You either pass or pass.
Now do 25 and recover red hat.
Ranger School CL# 04-05
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

You can do it.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Letters from School”