Meeting with my recruiter.

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

Welcome.

Now tell your recruiter you want a 11X/Abn/Option 40 contract. That is if you want a shot at getting into the 75th Ranger Regt.!

If they won't give it to you walk out. Wait until you can get that contract. Don't believe him if he says that you can volunteer while in Infantry OSUT. Maybe you can but odds are you won't be able to. Get it in writing!!
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Meeting with my recruiter.

Post by cams »

SCShooter1983 wrote:I met with my recruiter yesterday to give him my birth certificate card, social security card, and high school diploma. He told me he had to have a back ground check done and I will find out when I go to MEPS. We ended up talking for about 2 hours about his deployment in Iraq and stories about pistol and rifle target shooting and also about building AR-15 rifles. He told me a few things about some Ranger he knows and some other special operations guys. What he told me was Rangers don’t get you normal run of the mill missions in Iraq and sometimes they end up doing things some other special operations groups wouldn’t do. He told me a lot of things I didn’t know. When I was there he told me to check out the USA today a few days ago. I went to a neighbors house that I knew read the USA today and found the paper my recruiter was talking about. The cover story was on partly Rangers involved in a 17 hour firefight. The point of the whole thing was that I know Rangers train for missions just like that all the time but I never thought or heard stories about a 17 hour straight firefight. I know that Blackhawk Down was a long fight but the story in the paper seemed to be pretty much 17 hours straight. I just want to thank every Ranger for everything Rangers do for us. I am glad I may have the chance to fight right along side of Rangers. Thanks
Hey fucknuts, this is the intro section, you already have an intro started.

I told you already to go back and read the rules of the site and you have already been sent a ROE pm.

Now get your shit together or take a fucking walk.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Damn it. I was too slow...

But, since I'm already wasting my time responding to you - how about you consider the thousands of hours that it took to train up to the level to where an individual is mentally, physically, tactically and emotionally prepared to conduct a 17 hour operation? You don't think that you just walk off the street, get your head shaved, and you're conducting continuous ops in Iraq or another garden spot, do you?
Last edited by 42L5V on January 17th, 2008, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

***MOVED TO PROPER FORUM***

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

:?
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

42L5V wrote:You don't think that you just walk off the street, get your head shaved, and you're conducting continuous ops in Iraq or another garden spot, do you?
I thought that's all RIP was anymore??? :lol:
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Return to “Recruitment Process”