Broken nose

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Broken nose

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Doc, about 15 min ago i was down playing basketball, and a dudes head hit me in my nose breaking it. I have never had my nose broken before, and it's alittle crooked. My mom wants me to go in and have a doc straighten it out. I was wondering if i should do that or can i just do it myself? I don't want to go in if i don't have to.

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Bell

Post by Bell »

Hell yeah. Straighten it yerself. Grab a pencil and yank the thing around until it looks good then stuff it full of toilet paper to hold it in position.

Hopps, I did that most of my life and my fucking nose is still crooked. Go to the Doc. Not only can he fix the view, he can clear your sinuses so you can breathe.

RLTW
Bell
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Get it checked! Broke mine when I was young, didn't do anything about it and payed hell. Had a deviated septam which inhibited my breathing through my nose. Hence SNORED like a MF. Try sleeping with a rag stuffed in your mouth so that anybody west of Mt Rainer wouldn't hear me!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
rangercamaro
Ranger

Post by rangercamaro »

Makes it hell to sleep in the field. Noise discipline and all!!! :lol:
Bco 1/75 2nd plt Wpn Sqd 89-93
HHC 1/75 Bn Armorer 93-94 (after cookoff)
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Thanks for the advise Doc, and Rangers. I went this morning to a Doc. No real complications. I have to go back in a few days when the swelling goes down so they can straighten it out, and make sur i can still breath through my nose.

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

This reminds me to the scateboard issue and the sprained wrist. :roll:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Ranger Luna wrote:This reminds me to the scateboard issue and the sprained wrist. :roll:
I have not steped on a skateboard since and do not intend to. A DEP at my recruiting station is FUBAR right now, he is on life support due to a car accident (not as preventable as skateboardin I know but I should prevent all I can)
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Hooah Black srt4

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Return to “Medical Issues”