Advice for Ranger Challenge Training?

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
hrotccadet
Egg

Post by hrotccadet »

Charlie 51 wrote:
hrotccadet wrote:Ok guys I posted an intro and hope that it's ok. Whatever help you guys can give me that would be great thanks.
I am predicting a short stay on this site for you nimrod

My Ranger challenge ended with me earning a fucking tab. ROTC Ranger challenge is for flaming homosexuals and if you are ever caught wearing anything that says Ranger on it prior to actually having a tab you will be boiled, skinned and eaten.

Now pretty please, with sugar on top, GO FUCK OFF!!!
Listen I just wanna say for the record that I would never do that. Hell i'm in rotc and people call me a soldier but i when they do i stop them and say that right now i'm only a cadet and not a soldier yet and won't be until i go through basic.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Post some hot pix of college chicks and we might back off.........................then again, maybe not................

Where the fuck is Rico?
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

What the Fuckity Fuck is a Ranger Challenge?
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

AbnRgr289 wrote:As far as I know a "HOOHAH" is part of the female anatomy.
You are right about that... it lies right under the FUPA!!!! :P
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

GSXRanger wrote:
FUPA!!! I need a new laptop, I just spit so much coffee on this one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

hrotccadet wrote:
Charlie 51 wrote:
hrotccadet wrote:Ok guys I posted an intro and hope that it's ok. Whatever help you guys can give me that would be great thanks.
I am predicting a short stay on this site for you nimrod

My Ranger challenge ended with me earning a fucking tab. ROTC Ranger challenge is for flaming homosexuals and if you are ever caught wearing anything that says Ranger on it prior to actually having a tab you will be boiled, skinned and eaten.

Now pretty please, with sugar on top, GO FUCK OFF!!!
Listen I just wanna say for the record that I would never do that. Hell i'm in rotc and people call me a soldier but i when they do i stop them and say that right now i'm only a cadet and not a soldier yet and won't be until i go through basic.
Listen bud, get your shit together before you dig yourself any deeper.

Go read the rules, regs and faq's.

You are not our peer, we are not "the guys" to you. You do not exist yet as a warrior, and as such, you should continue to learn, listen and shut your mouth until asked a question. Roger?

Pay attention to detail, this isn't Yahoo or Myspace. Proper spelling, grammar and punctuation shows discipline, pride, attention to detail, self-correction of your own deficiency's and respect for the sites rules members of the Ranger community.

Slow down, pay attention to your surroundings and wake the fuck up. Hooah?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

42L5V wrote:
GSXRanger wrote:
FUPA!!! I need a new laptop, I just spit so much coffee on this one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I always like the 'GUNT' or the 'JOEY' myself. :P
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
CrashKILL
Ranger

Post by CrashKILL »

This thread is testing the upward range of my gaydar.

I have no idea what's required to be successful in the Ranger challenge. When in doubt, ruck a lot (there are actual techniques to it), do different types of running (interval training, slow and long recovery runs and time training), plyometrics, and work on your core strength. If you can, post a list of the required tasks, and I'll see if I can come up with something to help you out.

Good luck.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

2/75 99-03
Class 8-00
Lost_Jock
Tadpole

Post by Lost_Jock »

GSXRanger wrote:What the Fuckity Fuck is a Ranger Challenge?
I was curious too Ranger GSXRanger, so I did a search on Yahoo and came up with this:
Ranger Challenge is the varsity sport of ROTC. It consists of eight mentally and physically demanding events: the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) consisting of push-ups, sit-ups, and a two-mile run - assembly and disassembly of an M16 assault rifle - a test of marksmanship skills with the M16A2 rifle - constructing a rope bridge with a 120ft rope and crossing a stream - a grenade assault course - an orienteering course - a written exam on patrolling - and last, and certainly not least, a grueling 10K ruck run in full battle gear with a M16 rifle and fully packed ruck sack of approximately 35 pounds.
http://www2.una.edu/~rotc/ranger/index.htm
And when I had opened the fourth beer, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and her that sat on him was the wife, and Hell followed with her......
Bikkstah
Embryo

Post by Bikkstah »

"A grueling 10k."
1/125th INF, 37th IBCT, 38th ID (ARNG) - '06-Present
madslashers1-2
Ranger

Post by madslashers1-2 »

Yes its gay, and yes its stupid and yes I did it before I wised up and dropped out of college back in 2002 to go to regiment, and now I find myself training up for it again for next semester (wised up again, back in school). But it is really a good program because it motivates outrageously ignorant cadets (who don't know they are gay) to do well, the funny thing is the members of the Ranger Challenge teams think they are elite and treat the rest of the cadet corps like shit (usually) in reference to the grueling 10K run, at Ft. Hunter Ligget with the hills it isn't exactly a walk in the park, so give the cadets a break
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present

Return to “About Army Physical Training”