Wife of a Solider Preparing for RIP

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Dodge_This
Embryo

I Understand

Post by Dodge_This »

Well, my husband graduated from Basic and AIT and is already on week 2 of Airborne school. He also has a Ranger contract. When he first left, I never thought that this day would come. I agree with all of the Rangers. When your boyfriend calls, don't tell him about the partying, not implying that you do, but rather that you miss him and that you are proud of him. I wrote my husband a letter EVERYDAY! I wrote him so often he actually had a bet with his drill sgt. that if he didn't get a letter from me, then he would have to knock out extra pushups at his DS will. Needless to say, there was a letter there everyday.

Find something to do to keep you busy. I started making a scrapbook of his letters and pictures. Good luck on your new journey! All of the guys on this site have been wonderful and very supportive. If you ever need anything, this is the place to find it. But make sure you try and search for info before asking. You'll find a lot of it has already been asked and posted on this site!
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: I Understand

Post by BadMuther »

Dodge_This wrote:Well, my husband graduated from Basic and AIT and is already on week 2 of Airborne school. He also has a Ranger contract. When he first left, I never thought that this day would come. I agree with all of the Rangers. When your boyfriend calls, don't tell him about the partying, not implying that you do, but rather that you miss him and that you are proud of him. I wrote my husband a letter EVERYDAY! I wrote him so often he actually had a bet with his drill sgt. that if he didn't get a letter from me, then he would have to knock out extra pushups at his DS will. Needless to say, there was a letter there everyday.

Find something to do to keep you busy. I started making a scrapbook of his letters and pictures. Good luck on your new journey! All of the guys on this site have been wonderful and very supportive. If you ever need anything, this is the place to find it. But make sure you try and search for info before asking. You'll find a lot of it has already been asked and posted on this site!
Excellent post Dodge_This, and excellent attitude!

Let us know how your man is doing.

Jim
Dodge_This
Embryo

Update

Post by Dodge_This »

Well my husband graduated from Basic/AIT and is almost done with Tower Week. I am going to be at Ft. Benning for all of Jump week so I can watch some of his jumps. I am very excited. After Airborne School is over, he was told that he has to wait 2 weeks until the next RIP class starts.

By the way, what is there to do at Ft. Benning? Keep in mind I am married :D
iHEARTNORCAL
Egg

Post by iHEARTNORCAL »

:D Thanks for everything. I dont have many people to talk to about this and know what its like. Well im 18 and dont party much but i hang out with my friends and some are guys but when im around my friends i just talk about my boyfriend and what he doing and they all know i have a boyfriend but i made a promise to him and myself that i wouldnt not party and im doing good at that. And all the letters i send him are a lot of incouragement, i love yous and i miss yous. I want him to do really well in what ever he does. And i want him to give his 100% the less distractions he has the better he will do. But thank you so much for talking to me about this it really does help me a lot.

Dodge- Were you married before your husband started all his training? Because in the last letter i got from my boyrfriend he mentioned marriage to me and how he wants me to be out there with him. So i want just wondering about that.
My boyfriend is NORCAL18T.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: My Boyfriend just started Basic Training.

Post by Steadfast »

Desert Sloth wrote:
iHEARTNORCAL wrote:Hello! Im the girlfriend of NORCAL18T. He told me i should check this out and see if there is anything on here that would help me through this. He just started basic training at Fort Benning and is training to become a Airbourne-Ranger some day. And I have read and watch the movies on the training and everything. But i still dont know a whole lot. And i support everything he is doing and i am planning to stick buy him the whole way. And if anyone can talk to me about any of their experiences with having a girlfriend or boyfriend in the military i would really like to talk to you because i would like to hear your stories and see how you dealed with it. Thank You for your time.
Welcome Girlfriend,

We can help you as much as possible. It is good to see at least you are trying to do everything possible to prepare for this long journey.

1st of all, DO NOT GET IMPATIENT, he has a long road ahead of him. You must first understand that if he does make it, he will be gone for long periods of time, many times he will not be able to tell you where or for how long, most of all, what he is going to do.

This is the reality of things. You must come to terms with this, reality.

Again, we welcome you and will help you out in as many ways as possible. If he makes throught the Ranger Indoc training, we will accept you into our family, the Ranger Family.
norcal girlfriend, Ranger Desert Sloth knows what he is talking about. You are lucky you have caught his attention. He is one of our best. Welcome to our site.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introduction Archive”