I am Sorry

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Bravo57 wrote:Ranger Cams,
I think he is out back diggin' a hole.
Roger that Ranger Bravo57, a line of inverted defensive tank position's I hope, possibly an underground Hilton.

Ah, those were the days, a young man and his e-tool, sitting up on Noble Hill, pondering the intricate workings of the SPC4 Mafia.

One canteen an hour (to cover their ass) and no chow unless the poor bastard that was there before you left you something hidden in the rocks.

Kind of like a chain gang, only harder.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
firstblood
Embryo

Re: Heart is all thats left.

Post by firstblood »

cams wrote:
For your next task, I would like you to read over the Ranger Creed and think about what it means. In addition, please administer a PT test for yourself and report the results on this thread. That way you will quantify your physical fitness, rather than to report "good shape," which is meaningless. Never, never quit.

Hey Rumblenuts, you were given an assignment by Ranger Jim to accomplish on 13 JAN 07, it is now 19 JAN 07, where are your results?
Ranger Jim and Ranger Cams, I am sorry for lack of posts and replies. I have been PTing my ass off. Trying my hardest and pushing myself to keep going. I plan on doing the PT test this week; I was trying to get a little more conditioned before I tested myself. My recruiter has told me not to do sit-ups, and to focus on flutter kicks and crunches until the week before I leave. I have been running a lot. I live in a cold city with snow and sub zero temps. And I have been running up hills trying to strengthen my legs and lungs. I had pulled a muscle in my back and my left shoulder so I rested that for two days. I am trying work out the kinks before I leave. I am still gung-ho and I really appreciate everything.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Looks like I'm gonna get me some beer!!! :evil:

Hey firstblood,
When I went on leave to Reno in the dead of winter, I RAN until I thought my lungs were gong to explode, and then ran some more. Pussy, just quit now so I can have my beer. In case you are wondering, this is a nice responce, wait until someone like me is either running with you, or in your face. :evil: This is the internet, not the real world, you have a "wake up" coming to you really quick.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Nomad
Ranger

Re: Heart is all thats left.

Post by Nomad »

firstblood wrote: I had pulled a muscle in my back and my left shoulder so I rested that for two days.
So you just don't give a fuck about what Ranger Jim is telling you to do? Did your little muscle keep you from doing it? Stop making excuses and do what you are told.
firstblood
Embryo

Post by firstblood »

You are right Ranger Matador275 and Ranger Bravo57. I apologize. I will Test myself when I get home from work tonight.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

firstblood wrote:You are right Ranger Matador275 and Ranger Bravo57. I apologize. I will Test myself when I get home from work tonight.
Well, it's about time. When you are given a task, it needs to be taken seriously and completed promptly. As I mentioned earlier, you need to know what your physical fitness baseline is so that you can focus your efforts. There are others that lack my patient manner. But I assure you I expect results.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
firstblood
Embryo

Post by firstblood »

I am, and I know the Rangers that have been reading this thread, disgusted with myself. I tested myself tonight. And I report back to you the saddest attempt at a PT test. No excuses, I fucked up, All me, nothing but me.

Push ups 50- 2 min.
Sit-ups 45- 2 min.
1 mile 8:20

I know that is disgusting and if I even want to graduate OSUT I need to get my ass in gear and work work work work work. And then when I think I'm done for the day, MORE.

I am ashamed and I apologize to the Rangers that I have told I was in decent shape, and said that I was PTing my ass off. I now know that I need to actually do something here. None of this 4th grade BS. I will not give up.

I am off to work my ass off, I will never give up, I will never accept defeat, I will never quit. I will keep pushing, keep my legs pumping. I do not want to report back here until I can run a 6 minute mile, until I can do 80 push ups in 2 minutes and 80 sit-ups in 2 minutes.

I have a lot to accomplish the next 3 weeks before I ship.

Again I apologize and I do thank the criticism
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

firstblood wrote:I am, and I know the Rangers that have been reading this thread, disgusted with myself. I tested myself tonight. And I report back to you the saddest attempt at a PT test. No excuses, I fucked up, All me, nothing but me.

Push ups 50- 2 min.
Sit-ups 45- 2 min.

I know that is disgusting and if I even want to graduate OSUT I need to get my ass in gear and work work work work work. And then when I think I'm done for the day, MORE.

I am ashamed and I apologize to the Rangers that I have told I was in decent shape, and said that I was PTing my ass off. I now know that I need to actually do something here. None of this 4th grade BS. I will not give up.

I am off to work my ass off, I will never give up, I will never accept defeat, I will never quit. I will keep pushing, keep my legs pumping. I do not want to report back here until I can run a 6 minute mile, until I can do 80 push ups in 2 minutes and 80 sit-ups in 2 minutes.

Sigh..... Good luck kid.

Ranger Bravo57, l'm not admitting defeat just yet. But just in case, go ahead and PM me the address you want the six pack of Guinness and the $5.00 for this bet shipped to.....
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

firstblood wrote:I am, and I know the Rangers that have been reading this thread, disgusted with myself. I tested myself tonight. And I report back to you the saddest attempt at a PT test. No excuses, I fucked up, All me, nothing but me.

Push ups 50- 2 min.
Sit-ups 45- 2 min.

Did the APFT change to a one mile run?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Push ups 50- 2 min.
Sit-ups 45- 2 min.

OK, now you see why I asked you to give yourself a diagnostic test. You see what you need to do. Glad you owned up to it -- no attempt to evade.(Good spot report). I'm impressed by that. Three weeks before you arrive at Benning School for Boys is not enough time. As you begin OSUT, you will have the opportunity to improve your physical fitness -- but you will have to force yourself to work at it. Take it upon yourself to work on your PT events whenever you can (make time). Never, never quit.
Last edited by Jim on January 23rd, 2007, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Matador275 wrote:

Push ups 50- 2 min.
Sit-ups 45- 2 min.

Did the APFT change to a one mile run?
That was a one mile RUN time, I thought it was his average speed with a ruck, my bad
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

RTO,
Don't worry, we are gonna get this kid squared away.

Firstblood, DO NOT let my Ranger buddy down. There is beer on the table here. If I were you, I would make it my personal mission in life to prove me wrong.

Remember, You can't smoke a rock.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Three weeks bud, that's when it all begins to fall apart it will seem, or if you look on the positive side, that's when you start to become a man, the hard way.

It's up to you how hard you work, how much you want this, and to what extent you will push yourself to accomplish the mission.

Follow the advice given by the other Rangers and make us proud.

No need to respond to this, if you have time, you should be running. Go.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

OK, now you know what you need to do. When you get to Benning School for Boys, we expect an occasional SITREP. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

***BUMP***

Anyone get a SITREP on this one...

He started out as a soup sandwich, but seemed to figure shit out as it went...just curious if we have anyone that has checked this studs OSUT status??
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90

Return to “Introduction Archive”