A way to beat traffic tickets...

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RTO
BANNED

A way to beat traffic tickets...

Post by RTO »

I got this in an email the other day. I was going to delete it, then thought some of you snopes ninjas could check it out and crazy drivers might want to try this! Either way..... +1:D

"WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET A TRAFFIC TICKET:

This advice was sent by a retired State Farm agent! This system has been tried and it works in every state.

If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light, or whatever the case may be, you're going to get points on your license and a surcharge on your auto insurance. This is a method to insure that you DO NOT get the points.

When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is $79.00 make the check out for $82.00, or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference. However, here is the trick: DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK! Throw it away!

Points are not assessed to your license until all Financial Transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. The system has received its money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you.

This information comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every state."
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

I wonder if snopes invented the term 'you can't believe everything you read' ? :lol:
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Old Grunt wrote:
There's no gaurantee that you'll beat the ticket, but at least this way will work on occasion.
Thanks OG! I've not only heard of this method, but used it myself in the past. It's worked for me a few times.
Carlos
Tadpole

Post by Carlos »

I wish that would have worked in Florida.

Right before I moved from Hurlburt Field to Las Vegas, I was driving home with the wife and kids from Pensacola. A cop has a car pulled over WAY off the side of the road (both cars were 10m off the road). So I cruise on by not thinking too much about it. 15 seconds later I've got flashing lights in my rear view mirror. I pull over and get a ticket from the officer. Seems they passed a law in Florida that says you have to either change lanes or slow down to 10 miles per hour under the speed limit when passing an emergency vehicle/scene. I told the officer that I completely agree with the law, I just wish I would have known about it.

Anyways, I mail in the $89 fee (as indicated on the back of the ticket) and a week later, pack up the family and make the move.

Mail gets forwarded to a general mail box on Nellis... Then we buy a house, mail gets delivered to the post office because our neighborhood isn't more than 75% complete...

About 2 months after the move, I get a letter from the DMV in Florida that says I OVERPAID my fine. They mailed my check back to me and suspended my license ??? I called them and asked them "Why didn't you just send me a refund?" They said they weren't allowed to do that.

Then she tells me over the phone, "Oh by the way, you owe us a $19 late fee because you are 30 days past the due date." I fucking lost it!!

Even though I initially paid what the officer told me to pay, you want to charge me a late fee?? I got a good laugh about it after I cooled off.
2/75 USAF JTAC
2000-2003
RS 2-00
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Sorry fellow Hooahs, won't work in Washington State. Sure, you might get a refund check, but once you send in the orginal check, the ticket goes on your record within three to five days.

Carry your Ranger coins when driving through here, you'll be safe in my A.O. :)
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

RANGER513 wrote:Carry your Ranger coins when driving through here, you'll be safe in my A.O. :)
Hurray!
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

Old Grunt wrote:If you really want to keep points off your license, the best way ( barring not doing anything that would get you a ticket in the first place) is to show up in court. If the LEO that wrote the ticket isn't there, you can request that the court dismiss the charges as you have both a right to face your accuser and to examine witnesses.
Of the mere two occasions when I've gotten speeding tickets, I already had deployment orders. I had no choice but to pay the fine. :evil:

One was from a female deputy (I knew I was fucked as soon as she stepped out of the car). She wrote me for 10 mph over, then put in the remarks box "Actually 20 mph over" (at worst, I was 11-12 over). Fuckin' corrupt, lying BITCH! My little brother was in the passenger seat; normally, I would expect him to make fun of me for getting a ticket, but even he was pissed afterwards.
23LRS
US Army Veteran

Post by 23LRS »

Riamh Nar dhruid O sbairn lan
(Never Retreat From The Clash of Spears)

9ID LRS 90-91
I CORPS LRS 91-93
A CO. 1/509 PIR 93-97
75TH RRA member

Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144:1
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

The issue with hoping the officer doesnt appear is quickly fading as well. My department will discipline an officer if they fail to appear for any type of subpoena, traffic, criminal, etc.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
Myth
US Army Veteran

Dirty South

Post by Myth »

I can’t say I ever wrote anyone whom I knew was in the military, and on occasion when a fellow deputy was about to write one I would intervene. I don’t write many now that I’m a Narc, but I still have my Dustoff unit patch sticker on my ticket book and clipboard so if I don’t recognize someone is a military guy or gal, they will usually say something and then I figure it out.

In the recent years since I have been elevated to run a tactical section I actually have told the guys to give them every break available, and never forget to thank them for their service.

You are safe in the Dirty South – Just don’t be too stupid where I have no wiggle room.
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

In Florida, go to traffic school to prevent the points. I went to a comedy one and I had a blast. A professional comedian was doing the class. He busted on everyone.

JP
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

I am in Michigan and my 16 year old daughter received a speeding ticket (20 over, but the sheriff deputy took pity on her and wrote the ticket for "impeding traffic." He told her to request a hearing before a referee and that he would recommend no points be assessed. The referee made good on the deputy's recommendation, but stipulated that my daughter attend a one day driver safety course.

Personally, I have found that a combat wounded veteran license plate, tab and wings decals work wonders.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “The Mosh Pit”