Things kids do or say

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Things kids do or say

Post by Steadfast »

My friend Eric works in the ship yard down my block and every Sat would come into our local pub with his 4 y. o. son. How Eric was very proud of his son and would gamble on keno and have a few drinks for about two hours. One day Eric popped his head in the door and said, "fellows, I have to stop coming in on Saturdays. I have trouble at home. After I got home my wife asked where have we been. I said the park but Eric Jr. innocently, matter-o-fact, said "Daddy took me to a bar and bought me a Shirley Temple. Daddy was drinking and gambling"
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

My 4 yr old son, Aaron, cracks me up.

When I get on him, he tells me "oh come on, you crazy?" It never fails to make me laugh. 8)
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Cat

Post by Cat »

While looking after my nephew last year my sister instructed me not to say NO too much because her son was becoming desensitized to hearing it. She said that the word N. O. shouldn't be used. For most of the day I had to tell others I came into contact with that N. O. wasn't to be used in front of the boy.

Later, I tried to get him to stop playing with his toys and wash up for dinner. I told him play time was over and to come inside. He looked at me and said - N. O.

He spelled out NO to me. The little 3 year old had figured it out!!!! I couldn't help but laugh. :x
Cat

Post by Cat »

I just heard another one about what kids say. This one is fucked up 8) .

My Mother was with her 3rd grade class and one of her students told her that one little girl was saying bad words- she said the 'F' word. My Mother pulled the little girl over and asked her why she was saying the 'F' word. The little girl said:

I didn't say a bad word, I didn't call any names, I didn't call him a motherfucker. I said that he was fucked up!

Third Graders :shock:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

One time when I was about 12 I was visiting with some relatives in Maryland. I was staying at my grand parents house for two weeks. One of my younger cousins was about 5 and someone in the family of aunts and uncles said, "when Grandpa was little, he too was a boy." whereby as my younger cousin exclaimed, "yeah and grandpa was a little grandpa too!"
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

He spelled out NO to me. The little 3 year old had figured it out!!!! I couldn't help but laugh.
Kids pick up on things very quickly.When my daughter was younger she looked out the window as it was raining and said"Daddy we need a rain tent"

I looked at her and asked what she meant.She said "you know daddy the thing you hold in your hand to keep the rain off of you."

She didnt know umbrella so she put the two words together that she did know.

One day i took her golfing and said "dont tell Janet"(my GF at the time)We walk in and my GF asks what we had been doing.My daughter responds"Well i can tell you we werent golfing thats for sure"

A couple of years ago she flew for the first time.We hopped on a plane headed for Disney and in typical 11B fashion offered the chance to sleep i did so,not knowing when i would have a normal nights sleep again.

She loved flying and still tells the story about me going to sleep.This past summer she was with my mother and was talking about it and said"Ya the lady on the plane offered me some nuts but i told her no because i didnt have any money and daddy was sleeping"I felt like a heal but it was funny.I never knew the nut story till a year later.
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

My 6 year old daughter asks:

"Can we go to Ireland Daddy?" - in response to something she saw on TV.

"No" says I.

"Awwww - But I've never seen a real live leprechaun" she replies, in all seriousness.

Of course she still believes in Santa, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc.... :roll:
jluna
Embryo

Post by jluna »

This story is actually about me. RGRLuna, myself, our older brother and parents were at an amusement park called Knott's Berry Farm. If you have ever been there, it has lots of minorities, especially hispanics. So anyway I was about 7 or 8 years old and I had recently seen a Cheech and Chong movie. I was always very proud of my singing voice at that age so I decided to belt out a few verses to the song "Beaners" as loud as I could. I didn't know what the hell a Beaner was, I just thought it was a catchy tune. Needless to say I had my 2 older brothers and dad diving for me to shut me up.
25th INF 92-95, 101st Airborne 95-96

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

jluna wrote:This story is actually about me. RGRLuna, myself, our older brother and parents were at an amusement park called Knott's Berry Farm. If you have ever been there, it has lots of minorities, especially hispanics. So anyway I was about 7 or 8 years old and I had recently seen a Cheech and Chong movie. I was always very proud of my singing voice at that age so I decided to belt out a few verses to the song "Beaners" as loud as I could. I didn't know what the hell a Beaner was, I just thought it was a catchy tune. Needless to say I had my 2 older brothers and dad diving for me to shut me up.
Yep, he coulda got us killed. :shock: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

We do not have cable in our house, so the only TV my kids watch are DVD's.
I try to be very conscious of what they are watching, but occasionally things slip by.
One night we were watching a movie and one person called another "bitch". My two year old turned and looked at us with huge eyes and I remember thinking "how did she know that word?" when she said in a very serious voice:

"That's what you say after sonafa!"
RSD 96-99
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

Yeah I constantly got stink eye from Lipstick 6 becuase my boy (3) who just like most kids listens very well when you don't want him to and never when you do. I was realying a story from work to my wife and using the usual terms of indearment for the privates. Next thing I know he's showing us his new Care Bear 'Jackass Bear' Took about 3 weeks to get him to drop it too.
Also when my daughter was 2-3 we would read her a farm animal book that had the animals and their noises. Well kids are easy to train as anyone with kids know. We would go through the book and at the end I would say 'What noise does Mommy make?' and my daughter would just say 'Moooo' The wife didn't appreciate that too much, no sense of humor.
C co 3/75 91-93 'The Rock'
OIF 04-05
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

When my four year old farts he says "Daddy, I'm starting my tractor." This led to him saying "Daddy, did you start your tractor ?" whenever I let one rip.

The other day, we are riding in the car with a CD on. He asks "Who is that daddy ?" and I say "A group called Screaming Trees." This leads to a 15 minute discussion, as it can with a little one, including "Daddy, why are the trees screaming ?", "Who hurt the trees ?", "Are the trees hurt ?" on and on and on.....
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

IntelToad wrote:When my four year old farts he says "Daddy, I'm starting my tractor." This led to him saying "Daddy, did you start your tractor ?" whenever I let one rip.
Mine always gives a warning:

"Daddy? I got some bad news....."
Last edited by Vee on April 4th, 2004, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RSD 96-99
Cat

Post by Cat »

My nephew saw me in a dress the other day and he said that he liked it. I said thank you. He then said "do you like my man dress" as he pointed down to his jeans. :D . 4 years old and already he is a little man :cry:

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”