Formal Introduction of AngryPistols

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Ranger IntelToad,

Do tell...(the confession booth is now open)

What were you TDY for and what happened?

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Can't tell you why I was there, seriously no b.s.

Towards the end of the assignment I was washing some clothes at the laundromat on the kasserne minding my own business. Decided to pop over to the bar for a beer. A bunch of 1/10 SFG types were in there, celebrating the birth of one of their team member's son. They saw I had a high and tight, started talking, several former batt boys. Party moves into town at some disco which I barely remember. We get thrown out, I remember Polizei and big German Shepherds. I was petting one, it was growling and vibrating like a washing machine. I'm petting it, the Polizei are laughing and, thankfully, not beating my ass.

Many, many beers later we go back to the kasserne. They take off at the gate. I'm completely lost and completely drunk and completely soaked. It's raining, foggy, about 38 degrees. I go from building to building, can't remember which one I'm staying in. I find a building with a washer and dryer in the basement. Throw my pants in the dryer and go upstairs. Knock on the first door. Big mistake. Woman opens the door, sees drunk half-frozen ranger, slams door and calls MP's.

MP's show up. They are initially not happy campers. I'm laughing my ass off. One of the MP's grew up about 10 miles from where I did. Ha ha, good times. Next morning I'm talking to their NCOIC. He's the good cop. I'm chatting away, didn't think I did anything wrong blah blah. Big mistake. The Kasserne commander is a leg. Hates everything that wears a beret. I start hearing "Mannheim Prison" among other sweet nothings. Regt. gets me to Frankfurt that night, I fly back to Atlanta on Delta.

I get back to Regt. HQ. Commo platoon has been listening to reports from Bad Tolz for 2 days and say they want to erect a statue and make me an honorary member. My boss is not amused. Article 15, 2 weeks extra duty. I get done with that and the boys take me out on the town to celebrate. They are completely fucked up, I'm partially fucked up. Never leave a fallen comrade. I volunteer to drive home. Wham, DUI in Columbus. Ever have a really bad month ? The Article 15 was partially excusable, the DUI wasn't, I was shipped to the 197th Infantry to join other assorted DUI's, injured and general malcontents.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Talk about a run of bad luck. The part about the German Shepherd is pretty funny though.
Angry

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Cat

Post by Cat »

Humm, German Polizei that got me thinking. I became friends with a Polizei while I was in Germany in the late 90s. He carried this baton that he said was outlawed in the US. The baton was spring loaded in some way in which if hit once the baton would continue striking the person multiple times. He told me that America was too concerned with Police brutality therefore the baton was outlawed. He also said that the German Polizei don’t have Police brutality because they don’t define it :shock: .

Anyway, Angry anyone else - ever heard of the baton?
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Yes, that is a true story about the flexing baton. I saw the Polizei beating the royal shit out of a South African that stole a beer mug from a tent at Oktoberfest. They would swing it once and it would go "whap whap whap" on the guys head. The really amazing part of it all was how all the Germans just walked by like it was an everyday part of life.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Cat

Post by Cat »

IntelToad wrote:Yes, that is a true story about the flexing baton. I saw the Polizei beating the royal shit out of a South African that stole a beer mug from a tent at Oktoberfest. They would swing it once and it would go "whap whap whap" on the guys head. The really amazing part of it all was how all the Germans just walked by like it was an everyday part of life.
Yeah I saw my friend's baton and it looked like it could do some harm. So did my friend :shock:

Part of everyday life well I would have to agree. The Polizei wear their combat boots, green uniforms and machine guns carried on a sling on their shoulders. They look impressive.

I remember my family came to visit me while I was living there and they saw the Polizei in the airport looking as I described above. My family couldn't believe what they saw. I had gotten used to seeing them like that by this time.

I looked over to my brother-in-law and said that the Police in Germany don't play :twisted:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

IntelToad wrote:Yes, that is a true story about the flexing baton. I saw the Polizei beating the royal shit out of a South African that stole a beer mug from a tent at Oktoberfest. They would swing it once and it would go "whap whap whap" on the guys head. The really amazing part of it all was how all the Germans just walked by like it was an everyday part of life.
In American it's practically required that somebody with a video camera happen upon the scene, film the event and sell the evidence to the bludgeoned fool to use in his civil case.
Cat

Post by Cat »

Spartan wrote:
In American it's practically required that somebody with a video camera happen upon the scene, film the event and sell the evidence to the bludgeoned fool to use in his civil case.
People can video tape all they want in Germany - it wouldn't much matter in the grand scheme of things. Their actions appear not to be as reviewable as in our system.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Only in America. :roll:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

I have seen the baton, however, I have never seen it in action.

That reminds me of a story, and a short one at that.

When I did get the chance to work patrol, we got a call to respond as backup to the Polizei. They had chased a driver that was suspected to be drunk into American housing and whenever the Polizei needed access, out of courtesy I suppose, they called the MPs. The Germans already knew the address of the driver and asked us to join them in their investigation.

In Germany, the American housing was alot different than in the states. It sometimes looks like apartments out in the middle of everyday Germany.

So we arrive at the housing and meet our Polizei collegues in the parking lot and proceed to pay our American driver a visit.

We knock on the door and are met the wife who lets the four of us into the apartment where the driver is perched on his couch.

The Polizei starts asking the guy if he was driving a white Opel and the guy says yeah.

The Polizei asks him if he will submit to a blood alcohol test(BAT) and the guy says 'Hell no' you ain't getting none of my blood for nothing and proceeds to give everyone a tongue lashing.

The two Polizei dudes step over the coffee table and one of them rares back and punches our American friend right in the nose. The blood does start flowing and the other Polizei reaches in his shirt pocket and takes out a vial and proceeds to collect his sample.

I am just standing there watching this with my mouth wide open and not sure what to think.

The American guys starts screaming about brutality and the Polizei says there ain't no such thing in Germany!!!!

Angry
Angry

Cat

Post by Cat »

Good one Angry :? .

I wonder what the SOFA agreement is with Germany? While in Kuwait we were told not to do anything that would get us put in jail because there was no SOFA with Kuwait. I don't know how the German Polizei get around SOFA. I guess they don't worry too much about it.

Return to “Introduction Archive”