Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Paladin
BANNED

Post by Paladin »

Welcome Canadian
Hope you make it!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Thanks for the update. There has been a long history of Canadians and Americans serving in each others armies, and in WWII, the First Special Services Force had both US and Canadian units in it (called "The Devil's Brigade"). Best of luck to you
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Stauds
Embryo

Post by Stauds »

The way things are going here, chances are I good that I could get sent to Kandahar in 2007. Not a moment too soon I think. If I could, I would want to serve in Iraq with the Americans for a tour, because I would feel proud to do such a thing. The training is going almost too easy it seems. The first part (11 weeks) is very basic, and I will not get into anything infantry specific until after that. I have heard of Canadian soldiers serving with Americans, and I know it's something I would like to do in my career..
CHCB
Ranger

Post by CHCB »

I've got a few mates who vets of the PPCLI...you could do a lot worse.

Welcome.
2nd PLT A co 1/75 78-80
Ranger Class 502-79
Stauds
Embryo

Post by Stauds »

Just an update:

I've completed my Soldier Qualification Course, 7 weeks long. I am waiting for my Basic Infantry Qualification Course, 10 weeks. After that I will have the honor of wearing the PPCLI cap badge.

I've changed a lot, matured a lot, and I do my best to improve myself as much as possible. I know one day my life could depend on it, or more importantly the lives of my section members. Each day I develop more respect for those who are serving and those who have served, and I do my best to listen to everything they say and memorize it. Even when I had to spend 4 hours cleaning bolts to learn a lesson about trusting your peers, I ensured that I remembered every fucking word the Sergeant said that night.

One of the most relevant things I learned, which applies to everything, is pain doesn't matter. No matter what happens, no matter how many pushups we are forced to do, or how much your knees hurt, the pain will not last forever. Knowing this, it makes anything that gets thrown our way tolerable, and therefore possible to overcome.

I have surpassed any possible level of mental and physical endurance that I thought possible before I joined the army, and I know I will go a lot further still. I use this website to give myself motivation, knowledge, and inspiration to push myself farther and farther, and I thank the Rangers for the privelege of using armyranger.com.
You do not greet Death. You punch Him in the throat repeatedly as He drags you away.

Train to fight, fight to win.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Stauds wrote:Just an update:

I've completed my Soldier Qualification Course, 7 weeks long. I am waiting for my Basic Infantry Qualification Course, 10 weeks. After that I will have the honor of wearing the PPCLI cap badge.

I've changed a lot, matured a lot, and I do my best to improve myself as much as possible.

I thank the Rangers for the privelege of using armyranger.com.
I took the opportunity to edit your update, and to thank you for your comments. I think most troopers realize how much they mature by the end of basic training. Sounds like you are progressing. Good luck as you continue your training. What about the Airborne Coy?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Rhino1/75
Ranger

Post by Rhino1/75 »

Welcome
2nd Plt, Bco, 1/75 Jun88 Thur Oct93
Operation Just Cause
Operation Desert Storm
Class 10-89
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Keep it up and make my ancestors proud.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Stauds
Embryo

Post by Stauds »

It's been a long time since I last posted here, but I am now a member of 2PPCLI. I finished my Battle School late January, and I am extremely proud to be part of the second battalion.

There are several soldiers who have completed the Ranger course in my battalion, and a lot more who have already been fighting in Afghanistan. I will do my best to learn as much as possible from them before my tour. I know this website will also help me out a lot in my training. I will keep my mouth shut, and my eyes and ears open.

So, Rangers, again, thank you for your time and allowing me to use your website.
You do not greet Death. You punch Him in the throat repeatedly as He drags you away.

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Thanks for the update. Please continue to maintain contact.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Jim wrote:Thanks for the update. Please continue to maintain contact.
I agree with Ranger Jim.

You are also free to choose any avatar you wish within SOP parameters.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Stauds
Embryo

Post by Stauds »

I had a long update all typed up and then I pressed a few buttons and somehow I ended up going to a new website, erasing it all. Too much weapons training; my instant action drills don't work on a fragile keyboard..

It's been a while since I last posted, and I have been training constantly since. Two companies of my Battalion are doing our workup training for Afghanistan. We are heading there in February. We get to do the Brigade Training Exercise for a couple months in Wainwright, Alberta, which will be live fire exercises and convoy ops and all that jazz. It will probably not serve much purpose for the vets, but this experience is invaluable to the new privates (me). This is the first time the entire infantry core of the Battle Group has been all Patricias, so the Taliban will have hell to pay when we get there. Especially if the new Leapards are there.

I am the LAV III gunner for my section, and I am lucky because my section is one of the best in the Battle Group. For that reason we were moved into a different platoon after a shake up of the ORBAT. The reason is for the betterment of the company as a whole; and although we had to leave an awesome platoon we got a wicked Sgt out of it. Out of the ten soldiers, 4 have already been to Southern Afghanistan fighting, including the 2IC and IC. I just finished my LAV Crew Commander Course, which is very rare for a private, almost unheard of for someone with as little time in Battalion as I have (somehow 7 people I finished Battle School with were placed on the course). Besides making me a qualified CC, I am now a lot better at gunning, so I will be able to hammer it out that much more overseas.

After we finish the BTE, the training will slow down a little. My Sgt and a Sgt in my new platoon who has his Ranger course will refresh everyone in H2H fighting so there will be no problems handling detainees and civilians.. It will also give us time to prepare for deployment at a personal level. It's only a 6 month tour, so nobody is complaining about the length.

We've been doing a lot of training on everything, and we've also been hearing all the stories. It will be quite the experience getting over there, and it will be interesting to see the other NATO troops.

It's getting closer to finally being able to do what I've been training for since '06.. Damn me but I can't help but be excited.

Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Keep posting your updates and make sure you don't get too specific on unit and deployment information. PERSEC and OPSEC have to be maintained at all times.

You are doing a damn fine job!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Great update, Stauds. Please stay in touch with us.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

My son had a Canadian soldier in his RS class 4 06, eh?

See if you can give those rag-headed camel fuckers a bit of hell!

Glenn.
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG

Return to “Introduction Archive”