1FFV Echo LRP 20th INF (ABN) 67 - 68
Team 1 1
Satan's Playboys
From Hell We Rise
B Co Omega Recon CCS RT Hammer
75Th RRA Life Member 2189
Special Operations Association Member 2907-GA
Secretary, Worldwide Army Rangers, Inc

Professional Soldiers Are Predictable; The World Is full Of Dangerous Amateurs.
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

Silverback wrote:
brezac wrote:Yes, I LOM'd. I thought that was clear.
Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything....Welcome!
Tough Crowd Tonight.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome youngster.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
spanky
Ranger

Post by spanky »

Welcome
RGR Class 8-78
A Team FIST, HHC, 1/75 80-82 Hunter AAF

An Armed Society is a Polite Society
medicchick
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by medicchick »

Welcome. You served with my husband, but he was in 2nd platoon Aco. He was in RS when 9/11 happened as well, RAP week.
Someone needs to teach the regular Army how to make a packing list.

Supporting my DAV, one day at a time.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Welcome to the site Ranger.
It's all good.
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

One thing that has always troubled me about this intro is that I was there the exact time frame he is talking about, I was probably in a tent next to his squad. A resupply bird came in from the states every couple of weeks, and normally had people on it also.

If he was so fired up to get over there, and his leadership was understanding to what he did and why he did it, why did he spend 2 months back in the rear and never was allowed to climb on a bird and catch up with his guys? It is very common for guys who were in schools to later come over.

Just wondering out loud.
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
Paladin
BANNED

Post by Paladin »

Welcome!
Good ,bad or indifferent, Welcome! Just so that you aren't friends with SniperBill!
Paladin 1952
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Welcome, DUI's will get you kicked out quicker than shit. Used to be if you were a squared away Ranger but got into some type of trouble that wouldn't allow you to remain in the Regiment you'd get PCS'd to the 82nd, or sometimes even 4th RTB.

I'm just guessin but I would almost bet they wouldn't let him deploy because he quit, whether it was to join his squad when the balloon went up or not.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Bugsy wrote:Welcome, DUI's will get you kicked out quicker than shit. Used to be if you were a squared away Ranger but got into some type of trouble that wouldn't allow you to remain in the Regiment you'd get PCS'd to the 82nd, or sometimes even 4th RTB.

I'm just guessin but I would almost bet they wouldn't let him deploy because he quit, whether it was to join his squad when the balloon went up or not.
I'm with Bugsy (again). On one level, I empathize with wanting to get into the action with his unit (Yeah, once I did walk out of the hospital in Long Binh -- but my First Sergeant saved my ass). On the other hand, "good initiative; poor judgement" is not something you get away with more than once. Welcome, Breeze Sack, at least you serve by providing an object lesson...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
VLuplow
Sister

Post by VLuplow »

Welcome to the Breeze Sack
"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal." ~Mason Albert Pike
Breeze Sack
Ranger

Post by Breeze Sack »

msg_dman wrote:One thing that has always troubled me about this intro is that I was there the exact time frame he is talking about, I was probably in a tent next to his squad. A resupply bird came in from the states every couple of weeks, and normally had people on it also.

If he was so fired up to get over there, and his leadership was understanding to what he did and why he did it, why did he spend 2 months back in the rear and never was allowed to climb on a bird and catch up with his guys? It is very common for guys who were in schools to later come over.

Just wondering out loud.
To answer your question Ranger MSG_dman, there were a lot of flights leaving. Believe me, I waited anxoiusly everytime they read off the manifest. I had my shit packed, ready to go! When the Battalion got back, most of the others in my platoon and chain of command understood my situation. Apparently though, some higher up did not. I don't feel "cheated", I knew I was taking a gamble when I made my decision. :?
"Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country..."

RLTW

GLORYBOYS!!!
Aco 3/75 Rgr Rgt 1st Plt Wpns 00/02
IRONS
Ranger

Breeze Sack - Good freakin hooah

Post by IRONS »

Im here to say Sack was squared away. He was told he could get back with the platoon, but battalion and 4th RTB "bullshit" tying to make a point of rangers getting out of school to go to war will not be tolerated. The point made after the fact. So whats fucked up about that? Every string through the chain of command was pulled for him to get on that bird. He fucked up on the DUI. But how many pissed off rangers do you know would of taken the situation all happy n shit. Breeze Sack could go through school no fuchin problem, just imagine your boys going to the show, killin mother fuchers without you while your tieing knots. :idea: There is no lack of motivation when it comes to the Glory of the battle field.
3/75 ACO "GLORY BOYS" 99-02
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

Breeze Sack wrote:
msg_dman wrote:One thing that has always troubled me about this intro is that I was there the exact time frame he is talking about, I was probably in a tent next to his squad. A resupply bird came in from the states every couple of weeks, and normally had people on it also.

Just wondering out loud.
To answer your question Ranger MSG_dman, there were a lot of flights leaving. Believe me, I waited anxoiusly everytime they read off the manifest. I had my shit packed, ready to go! When the Battalion got back, most of the others in my platoon and chain of command understood my situation. Apparently though, some higher up did not. I don't feel "cheated", I knew I was taking a gamble when I made my decision. :?
Sounds good to me bro, I feel for you, I would hate to miss out. I arrived at 10th Mountain the day my unit was heading to Somalia and my biggest fear was being left on Rear D shoveling wives driveways while all my guys were fighting.
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007

Return to “Introduction Archive”