Digital/Paper"less" Barracks Room, Office, e.t.c.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Im trying to figure how how Snuffy gives a shit about that. I didnt have much paper when thats all we had. As I sat and scoured my musket, knocked the dirt of my coonskin hat...I could give a shit less about paper in my room unless it was extra toilet paper.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Abell9 wrote:As I sat and scoured my musket, knocked the dirt of my coonskin hat....

................And there you have it .....was it a flint gun or percussion?
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
50Cal
Embryo

Post by 50Cal »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:This thread is confusing. I'm still trying to figure out if this is a joke or what? What the hell are you talking about, scanning software, scanning instructions, scanning every scrap of paper in someone's room?

Do you think every 11 series is stupid and doesn't/cannot understand how to scan shit? I came from leg-o-land too, and everything you ever heard about 11b's was that they're dumb. It's fucking leg-bullshit from fucking leg-pukes. Every time a leg speaks, it makes the baby Jesus cry and God kills a kitten, or a puppy, whichever makes you sadder. Most of these guys are proficient in IT shit, especially the younger guys.

Back to your topic. Without the sales pitch, what are you talking about? If it's scanning LES's and stuff, why bother? You can probably see all that shit online anyway. Some of the Active guys can explain this.

Oh, don't be dick and get banned for disrespecting Rangers. If you want to retaliate, try and do it in a tactful manner.

One more thing. Why do you have DEP under your name?
AngryCivilian,

I've already apologized to all the offended parties. Dunno if I'm supposed to do that again. Just joined the board not too long ago and still trying to figure this board out. This whole thing started with me just trying to pass along info to help people but as you can see it has taken an ugly turn. Dunno if they're messing with me cuz I'm a rookie/newbie either, either way, just want to err on the side of caution hence I apologized just on GP (general principle). The "DEP" thing I did not put there it's probably some kind of automatic label that appears above screen names depending on how many posts you've placed on the board. Again, my doggon apologies, don't want to get banned.

P.S. Don't let the apologies fool you (to you thats reading this and thinking "what a sissified version of an ex-NTC citizen" Yeah, you!, eating the snacks and typing on your keyboard! I aint no punk) Just trying to err on caution and ensure I aint disrespecting no Rangers.

I gotta say I've gotten more laughs from this thread alone than I got from the Improv a few days ago. My goodness! I aint trying to say its a funny thread b/c it obviously offended some people but I've seen a combination of military words the likes I've never seen or heard in my enlisted career.

"50Cal"
Charlie Battery, 1/79 FA, Fort Sill, OK (8/96-10/96)
Fort Meade "Wolverines"/DINFOs (...graduated as a 25R) 10/96 to 6/97
National Training Center/Ft. Irwin (A Company, Ops Group - Vulture Team) 6/97 to 3/99
Now a civilian in the I.T. field.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

rgrpuck wrote:
Abell9 wrote:As I sat and scoured my musket, knocked the dirt of my coonskin hat....

................And there you have it .....was it a flint gun or percussion?

Percussion! How old do you think I am? :evil:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

My Goodness 50cal., you talk like a chick, Doggon-it!

Your treading on thin ice, watch your step.

If you don't want to get banned why do you keep replying when you were told to Shut the Fuck up? (Don't even bother replying, just think about it.)
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Abell9 wrote:Im trying to figure how how Snuffy gives a shit about that. I didnt have much paper when thats all we had. As I sat and scoured my musket, knocked the dirt of my coonskin hat...I could give a shit less about paper in my room unless it was extra toilet paper.
Or your Happy Sock. Well, maybe Happy Coonskin for you. :lol:
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Abell9 wrote: How old do you think I am? :evil:

DO I have to answer that ?
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

50Cal wrote: P.S. Don't let the apologies fool you (to you thats reading this and thinking "what a sissified version of an ex-NTC citizen" Yeah, you!, eating the snacks and typing on your keyboard! I aint no punk) Just trying to err on caution and ensure I aint disrespecting no Rangers.
"50Cal"
You talking to me? Because I think your a fucking idiot!
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Dont think Mat .....KNOW he is
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

The Holmchicken
Ranger

Matador275 wrote:
50Cal wrote: P.S. Don't let the apologies fool you (to you thats reading this and thinking "what a sissified version of an ex-NTC citizen" Yeah, you!, eating the snacks and typing on your keyboard! I aint no punk) Just trying to err on caution and ensure I aint disrespecting no Rangers.
"50Cal"
You talking to me? Because I think your a fucking idiot!

You know, come to think of it, I think he was calling you an asshole. Or maybe he liked your socks or some shit.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

I heard asshole
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

CavTroop
Tadpole

Post by CavTroop »

50Cal wrote: Don't let the apologies fool you (to you thats reading this and thinking "what a sissified version of an ex-NTC citizen" Yeah, you!, eating the snacks and typing on your keyboard! I aint no punk)
Always interesting to watch a guy already in the ditch who's trying to drive out of it.

Hey 50cal, a word to the wise: You need to listen to Rangers AbnRgr289 and Kilted Heathen.

CT
107TH Armd Cav OHARNG 1979-1989
"Facere Non Dicere"
Deeds Not Words
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

have we banned anyone today yet?
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Horned Toad wrote:have we banned anyone today yet?

No, but the day ain't over yet.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

50Cal wrote:
Horned Toad wrote:this is how the government works
" oh hey lets make shit neater by putting it on disk"
spends millions to by equipment makes disk, makes a copy of the disk, then stores all the paper incase the disk fails

also don’t CDRW have a limited shelf life

sounds like a while back when they government tried to go to a paperless system, it made more paper work

that and what fucking soldier has stacks of paper in their barracks, I had a stack of cassettes, a drawer full of maps and a Para Ordnance P12 that made it though every health and welfare inspection :twisted:
Ranger Horned Toad,

Well said. Thats exactly what I was looking for. Simply put, ask yourself these questions:

If you're on the other side of the base, or at another base altogether:
- How fast could you get to your drawer full of maps if you wanted to show a location real quick?
- You're telling your buddy about one particular song in ur stack of cassettes how fast can you play that song for him?
- Some dumb recruit is BSing a civilian chic at the bowling center that a "Para Ordnance P12" is a secret CIA classification how fast can you show that private the picture of the P12, what it really is....after smoking him with 300 ranger pushups?
- When you're at home on leave how quickly can you show your family a video tour of your barracks room, or play a song from ur stack of tapes?

Well, if you're away from ur barracks room, at the other side of the base, or at another base, and you can do each of those things in 5minutes, or all of them in 15minutes, you probably wouldn't have much need for a digital/paper"less" barracks room.
the maps were keepsakes from missions, not to show someone, tak a

I like cassettes and 13 years ago they were still cool, popping in a CD isn’t much faster than a cassette player with auto search

luckly no one ever had a need to see my P12 or found it, I don’t worry about what privates say in bars,
why the fuck would anyone at home want to see my barracks room
4 walls 1 bed 1 dresser 2 wall lockers I seem to remember a small dresser also, what’s there to see it wasn’t the fucking Hilton

sorry but you suggestion for barracks room is STUPID, no troop with a 1st SGT has a messy barracks room with stacks of paper

ALSO CHANGE YOU AVATAR TO ONE FROM THE DEP SELECTION IMMEDIATELY
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

Return to “The Mosh Pit”