RIP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
jester
Ranger

RIP

Post by jester »

me plannedpanic and dead bolt took the pt test but they were unable to pass it. i go on to RIP without them. most of my motivation was brought out through them. its sad that we cant go through at the same time but i know in the future they will make it passed RIP and become Ranger's
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Your motivation has to come from within yourself. Dig down into that place inside yourself, that place nobody knows about........and drive the fuck on! Never look back.....that's just waste behind you.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Yep, you've got to dig way down deep inside and tap wells of perseverence that you were unaware that you had. You have to burn pain into those muscles to push. When you can't push no more, you have to keep going as if you have the same amount of strength and energy as if you had just started.

Drive on Jester.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jester, the fun has only begun...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

The secret is...you gotta get fired up by sick shit. You gotta' get fired up about being wet and cold. You gotta' get fired up about being tired and hungry. You just gotta' be fired up and feed off the pain and suffering around you.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Silverback wrote:The secret is...you gotta get fired up by sick shit. You gotta' get fired up about being wet and cold. You gotta' get fired up about being tired and hungry. You just gotta' be fired up and feed off the pain and suffering around you.
That is the secret. Use their failure to stoke your own fire. Everytime somebody quits, you should be re-energized. I'm sorry to hear that they didn't make the cut, but you'll end up in the same sack as them, if you don't turn this into something positive. Be an animal and survive.
Thanks for the report.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Congrat's and Good Luck.
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Congrats jester.

When you spend time around people you get use to them and become friends. Some people can do things that others cant, for what ever reason. Thats when you have to realize that you have to think about your own future and what you want out of it. You made it, they didn't, what ever you do don't let it get you down because y'all aren't together anymore.

Embrace the suck and run with it, it's your friend indeed!! :twisted:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

EarthPig wrote:
Silverback wrote:The secret is...you gotta get fired up by sick shit. You gotta' get fired up about being wet and cold. You gotta' get fired up about being tired and hungry. You just gotta' be fired up and feed off the pain and suffering around you.
That is the secret. Use their failure to stoke your own fire. Everytime somebody quits, you should be re-energized. I'm sorry to hear that they didn't make the cut, but you'll end up in the same sack as them, if you don't turn this into something positive. Be an animal and survive.
Thanks for the report.
RLTW
EP
Perfect!!!
Exactly what they said!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Good Luck
It's all good.
jester44
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by jester44 »

when you see someone quit, and the look in their face, the look of failure, the look of giving up, make it your mission to never have that look on your face, to never feel what they're feeling.....
RSD June '05- Current
RIP Class 09-05
RS Class 07-06
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Jester, listen to SB and EP's posts. They encompass what all of us thought when we were in your shoes.

DON'T EVER QUIT!

Return to “Letters from School”