Dilemma

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
ghost06
Tadpole

Dilemma

Post by ghost06 »

SFC hit_it, I would greatly appreciate your help in this matter. My recruiters have been telling me and having me do some things that I am not sure about. I would prefer to talk about it in PM's though, as I do not believe it would be appropriate for the OPEN forums. If this is ok with you, I would appreciate it if you would either send me a PM asking me or posting here saying it is ok for me to PM you with my problem. Thank you for your time. This matter has me greatly concerned.
NOTE : I am leaving to go camping in about 11 1/2 hours from this post and won't be back untill Sunday. I will try to check back for a response every 20minutes or so.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Lemme guess.
You used to be an altar-boy and you're worried about the back-ground check.
Don't worry, Father Murphy will keep his mouth shut,
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
ghost06
Tadpole

Post by ghost06 »

Ranger Kilted Heathen, it is not the background check that I am worried about. It is some of the things that my recruiter and the base commander here are having me do. Which brings moral questions into view. I just didn't believe that it would be wise to broach the subject on the open forums. However if you would be willing to assist me yourself please send me a PM or have me PM you. Any help rendered would be greatly appreciated.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

send your PM.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I need to know what resolution you have come to.

Send me another PM.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
knightcat
Ranger

LOL

Post by knightcat »

Watch out for the sleeper hold...... when you wake up it isn't pretty.
You better pack a lunch......because I'll be hungry when I'm done beating your ass!!

RS class 05-06
28JUNE2005- R.I.P. brothers 146
C-1 Madslashers 2/75 (Sept. '04- Nov. '07)
RIP Sarn't Mac.....
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I'm waiting on this guy to post back that he is mission complete.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

hit_it wrote:I'm waiting on this guy to post back that he is mission complete.
SFC Hit_it, I got a PM fromhim last night. Apparently he was at the hotel fand reporting to MEPS first thing this morning. I don't know what he decided. :roll:
It's all good.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

WTF !!! :evil:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

SkyShark wrote:
hit_it wrote:I'm waiting on this guy to post back that he is mission complete.
SFC Hit_it, I got a PM fromhim last night. Apparently he was at the hotel fand reporting to MEPS first thing this morning. I don't know what he decided. :roll:
Keep it off the front page, SS. I knew he was there.

He should be done and on his way home now.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
ghost06
Tadpole

Post by ghost06 »

SFC hit_it, yes, I am back now. No real trouble arised at MEPS. As to my results from MEPS would you rather I post it here or create a new thread? Also I sent my PM to you with my response early on Aug.1, sorry it took so long I did not really have time between when I got back from camping and left for MEPS. Once again my appologies.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I wanted to know what happened at MEPS today.

Be as detailed as possible.

GO.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

77F, 19D or EOD.....mark my words HIT IT..with possible airborne option! :roll:
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
ghost06
Tadpole

Post by ghost06 »

SFC hit_it,
Alright, well we got there around 6am CST and went through the metal detectors and got everyone to the right area and lined up. Watched a slide show where the guy told us to be completely honest and follow instructions and everything would go by quickly(note : by following instructions i added about 60minutes to my total time). Anyway , vision test first, discern some numbers in colored dot sketches, then actualy vision test. My eyes are 20/80 and 20/60 slight stygmatisms in each eye though both are correctable to 20/20. Then I got a tube of blood drawn after the doctor warned us about locking our legs on the chair then passing out and breaking them. Hearing test was hard oddly enough, the headphones were pretty old and I could hear almost everything else in the room breathing, foottapping and the such, although I got a 1 in that area. Waited in line for history~hx for about 45minutes then finally got called in. As I was waiting my leg started twitching(something I dont really control, just happens when I am sitting sometimes). The guy asks if I have a problem and want to go to the bathroom, I replied that I was fine and could hold it. At this time he sent me from the room to take my urinalysis so I had to wait about 20minutes for that. Tests came out fine. Once that was finished I went back to the grey chairs and waited another 30-40 minutes to get called again. Only problem during that was when asked when I broke my pinky finger I responded when I was in first grade as I didn't know the year. He went into a 5+minute speech about why I shouldn't avoid questions and that I should always answer them to the best of my ability. So I said '94/95 since that is 6/7 years from when I was born. Passed that just fine then got sent to Ortho (Underwear Olympics) and waited with 4 other guys for about 30minutes for the other few to show up. Went through olympics with no problem we stretched got checked for scholiosis, and doctor made sure the archs of our feet were "normal". They had us duckwalk kneewalk, speedwalk, drop to our knees and get back up in fluid motions. Range of motions tests for ankle wrists and shoulder joints. Passed that then told I qualified. Talked to liason to set up my contract, 11x option 40 assoc. opt 70(then some others for highger enlistment bonus). For those that don't know what opt 70 is, according to how he explained it to me what it does is once I have completed(assuming I complete) Ranger school and am finished with all my Ranger training, I can then go straight into SF training or wait awhile and then switch over if that is what I want to do. Got a 15k$ enlistment bonus + 36k$ from the GI bill, although if I want to I can switch that to a 10k$ enlistment and 70k$GI bill/ACF on the day I ship out from MEPS for basic which is on July 6th 2006(have to finish highschool). Sworn in by the Major on the base then sent home. Finished around 3pm CST.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Talk about detailed. :lol:

Congrats on the 11 X Option 40. Now you need to get with the deps and lean what you can from them.
It's all good.

Return to “Recruitment Process”