Off to OSUT!!!!!! :)

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

EEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...wrong answer.

Bring some civie clothes...your favs......

Otherwise you will be looking like a big dork when you are let out during basic and airborne and RIP......AND, *IF* you become a hooah, ya usually wear something other then BDU's when hunting split-tails..... :wink:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

OR - you can create a package with your civilian stuff in it and have it shipped out to you when you are near the end of AIT. I think when I was in, we got one break - a night out - when we graduated Basic Training and had to go in our Class B's. Didn't see our civies until the very end of AIT.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Not a bad idea...

We had one day pass, which I lost for some reason, and a "family day".

I hear rumors about weekends off, but then I hear a lot of "Nope, not us" on that one too....
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I remember getting off the bus at Basic from Reception and having to hold our civilian bags out at arms length for a time, probably 10 minutes which seemed like an hour. Those who brought lighter bags didn't have it so bad.

I'd pack a box with three to five sets of clothes now, geared towards the climate/weather when you will graduate AIT and be in Airbone School. Have someone label and ship it to you at AIT to arrive about 2-3 weeks before AIT graduation.

You will have every night off at Airborne School, but you still need to stay focused on what's next. It's not exactly 'Party Time' and if you're focused on passing RIP you won't treat it as such.

I don't think any weekends off would happen until you have only about the last three weeks, if at all. They are starting to compress basic/AIT to get more training in now also, so you may not get anytime off at all, although one stress free weekend between basic and AIT would probably continue to be the norm.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Devilrat,

Please send your avatar to my house......something about that look screams "I know I ain't the prettiest, but I make up for it by being extra slutty"..... :twisted:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

wm311 wrote:Devilrat,

Please send your avatar to my house......something about that look screams "I know I ain't the prettiest, but I make up for it by being extra slutty"..... :twisted:

I was wondering where my ex-wifey went and what she did, now I see devilrat with her photo. Well at least I am free now and on the prowl. 8)
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
MPC
Tadpole

Post by MPC »

Good luck!
"And then I heard the Lord say, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' And then said I, here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
Harris
Tadpole

Post by Harris »

Good luck, never forget why your doing it.
Slip away.
(Badmuther's Bitch)
being held hostage in sandhill...
Ray
Tadpole

Post by Ray »

Good luck buddy! I ship in two weeks so I'm right behind you. Hope to run into the rest of you February shippers down the road.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Stead, if that's your ex-wife, hook a broham up with some more pics! :wink:
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Ray wrote:Good luck buddy! I ship in two weeks so I'm right behind you. Hope to run into the rest of you in the showers down the road.
DAMN, you don't say!? 8)

Return to “The Mosh Pit”