Back home for exodus (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Mercer02

Back home for exodus (RANGER)

Post by Mercer02 »

Well, I'm back home for exodus. I gave a real short sitrep while I was on pass a couple of weekends ago, so I'll try to fill in the gaps here. I'm in F Co. 1/19 and we just finished week 8 - this is the first Foxtrot Company class in 1/19. The highlights of training so far are that our company fell two short of the record for expert qualifiers with 15. The conditions were horrible - the rain was horizontal and it was cold, but it felt good to come away with the results we accomplished. As for me I only shot 28. I ripped my glasses off because I couldn't see shit, and my weapon jammed on the first target, so I had to do some SPORTs. No excuses, I know I could have done better.

I was just selected as our new Platoon Guide since our last one was fired because he didn't feel the need to bring his shelter half to the field. I'm looking forward to leading our Platoon since we have some really motivated guys - 15 Option 40s. Our drill sergeant made me smoke the platoon that morning for voting me in and he wouldn't let me do the excersises with them. The guys enjoyed it anyway since it was like 20 degrees out.

It's good to be home, but I can't wait to get back to finish what we started. I'm actually preparing myself for the relentless smoke we WILL get because of the shitbags that will return with their 'Civilian' manners. We don't mind the smoke since it's just going to make us stronger.

Well that's all for now. I will post again once I'm a soldier. I know I still don't know much about anything, but a small piece of advice to anyone ready to begin this journey is that the Army doesn't owe you anything. It doesn't owe you personal time, sleep, or passes. Just do what your told and life will be cake; complain and you won't have very many friends for those 14 long weeks.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Back home for exodus

Post by Slowpoke »

Mercer02 wrote:Well, I'm back home for exodus. I gave a real short sitrep while I was on pass a couple of weekends ago, so I'll try to fill in the gaps here. I'm in F Co. 1/19 and we just finished week 8 - this is the first Foxtrot Company class in 1/19. The highlights of training so far are that our company fell two short of the record for expert qualifiers with 15. The conditions were horrible - the rain was horizontal and it was cold, but it felt good to come away with the results we accomplished. As for me I only shot 28. I ripped my glasses off because I couldn't see shit, and my weapon jammed on the first target, so I had to do some SPORTs. No excuses, I know I could have done better.

I was just selected as our new Platoon Guide since our last one was fired because he didn't feel the need to bring his shelter half to the field. I'm looking forward to leading our Platoon since we have some really motivated guys - 15 Option 40s. Our drill sergeant made me smoke the platoon that morning for voting me in and he wouldn't let me do the excersises with them. The guys enjoyed it anyway since it was like 20 degrees out.

It's good to be home, but I can't wait to get back to finish what we started. I'm actually preparing myself for the relentless smoke we WILL get because of the shitbags that will return with their 'Civilian' manners. We don't mind the smoke since it's just going to make us stronger.

Well that's all for now. I will post again once I'm a soldier. I know I still don't know much about anything, but a small piece of advice to anyone ready to begin this journey is that the Army doesn't owe you anything. It doesn't owe you personal time, sleep, or passes. Just do what your told and life will be cake; complain and you won't have very many friends for those 14 long weeks.
Good advice! Glad to here you're doing well....keep it up.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Bell

Post by Bell »

Great SITREP Mercer. Drive on youngster. You're doing good.

RLTW
Bell
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Hey I was in Aco 1/19 so how are those new barracks, they were being built when I first got there. Good luck and dont worry once AIT starts it flys by.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Glad to hear you're doing well, Mercer. Have a great Christmas break and then go back and complete the mission. Keep up the excellent work!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
knightcat
Ranger

Post by knightcat »

try drowning your bolt in some CLP before you shoot and make sure all rounds are seated in the back of the mag and you should be fine.
You better pack a lunch......because I'll be hungry when I'm done beating your ass!!

RS class 05-06
28JUNE2005- R.I.P. brothers 146
C-1 Madslashers 2/75 (Sept. '04- Nov. '07)
RIP Sarn't Mac.....
T0000009

Post by T0000009 »

Get you a can of WD-40 and keep it with you at the range, Ajax for when your cleaning and some tissue for the pouges who slack.

Kick ASS and Drive on
Mercer02

Post by Mercer02 »

Well,

Here I am at the beginning of week 2 at airborne school. So far things are going real well. I've witnessed 7 of my 'friends' drop their RIP contracts because they were told RIP hold was 3-5 months long. It turns out that's not true. I wanted it bad enough to wait that amount of time and luckily I won't have to. Other than that, nothing too exciting is going on. We probably won't get to jump the 250 towers due to weather this week, but that's ok - it will give us more time to train on PLFs. That's it for now. RIP is on the horizon, but I am focused on Airborne school right now. One day at a time.

Mercer02 out.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Thanks for checking in and giving us an update, Mercer. Don't pay any attention to the rumors you hear....regardless of who you hear it from. You'll hear that RIP Hold will last 6 months, you'll hear that the Ranger Battalions are already staffed 149%, you'll hear that the Ranger Bats don't need your MOS. Don't even listen to it. Stay focused. If being a Ranger is what you want, you DO IT! It's that black and white. Those rumors surface because they make it easier to get guys to quit. It gives the weak ones an excuse. Just keep doing what you're doing. Maintain your focus, take it a step at a time, never look back, and don't quit. Good luck!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Keep on keeping on. You waited 18 years to join the Army. You signed for several years. What the fuck is 3-6 month wait for a chance to be the best soldier in the Army?

You are eliminating the idiots already. You'd better focus and show us what you got troop. I wanna see Ranger by your name.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Letters from School”