MASON

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
hit_it
Paratrooper

MASON

Post by hit_it »

hit_it,
Hello, I wanted to ask you about vision and waivers at MEPS. I have very bad eye sight, and will more than likely need a waiver for this. My question is, if I have lasic surgery I would probably still need a waiver because of the surgery, but is there a waiting time? I have heard up to one year but would like your advice. I have searched and talked to online recruiters at GoArmy.com but one will say one thing then another day a different one will say something else. Any help you can give will be greatly welcomed.

Thankyou,

Mason
Since you have posted your intro, but are too scared to come back for your answer, here it is:

Don't get any fucking surgery. you don't need it right now.

Get your contract, ship, train, come back and get whatever surgery you think you need.

A waiver for lasik would put you off your timeline for at least 6 months to physical, and however long it takes to approve the medical waiver.

That, and calling me "hit_it" like we're fucking drinking buddies, will cost you 300 push ups.

you got until 1700 on 25JAN04.[/b]
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Mason
Soldier

Post by Mason »

SFC Hit_it, I apologize for the improper PM. Thankyou for your time and advice. Pushups were knocked out prior to this reply.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Check this out, SFC Hit_IT is a well respected member of our community, you DEP motherfuckers better respect this soldier and advisor to our board we'll fuckin SUCK YOUR SKULL DRY!!! :evil:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “Recruitment Process”