About Contract 40

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Bloody Bung wrote:kk, sry , I found it now
We don't fucking use text-messaging shortcuts on this board. You'll fucking use English to the best of your ability in a short, concise, polite manner or leave.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Thetimehascome
Tadpole

Post by Thetimehascome »

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:26 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creeping Death wrote:Bloody Bung? Who in the Hell calls themselves a bleeding asshole? I'm with you Stead, he's French.[/quote
I don`t , I asked a stupid question before about contract 40 , coz i didn`t find it myself and some admin changed my name , it was bloodyB before . Warm welcome....]
Did you not learn the first time french fry.
Thetimehascome
Tadpole

Post by Thetimehascome »

Terry Welshan wrote:
Did you not learn the first time french fry.[/quote]

Which of my Ranger brethren seemed to be unable to make his voice heard and required your assistance young DEP. Take a lesson from another symbiont.
Commensalism
This type of symbiosis occurs when one animal (the symbiont) benefits and the other (the host) is unaffected. The symbiont may get food or protection but the host is neither harmed nor benefited.

The remora and the host is usually described as a commensal relationship.
To avoid being bitten by the host (assuming the host is a shark) it will take great care not to get in front of the mouth. When reattaching it will swim in a large circle to approach the host from behind, watching the host carefully whenever it is unattached.

Many books state that sharks will not harm the remora because it picks parasites off it. From our observations it seems more likely that the remora, which has evolved with sharks for millions of years, is simply much too cautious to ever get near the mouth.
[/quote]

Lesson learned Ranger Terry Welshan
Bell

Post by Bell »

Oh brother....

I've said it before and I guess I'll have to say it again. It has been awhile.

Mob mentality will not be tolerated by DEPers or newbies. You guys will not toss rocks at some shit for brains that we are trying to counsel. There's lessons in what we say. Your involvement is distracting and contributes nothing to the learning process.

The only thing you'll get out of that type of action is a lot of heat coming down range. Another lesson in that. You guys had better start learning how to avoid the aiming sights of the Spec4mafia. The silent warrior does less pushups than his loudmouthed counterparts.

Fuck with each other in private. Stay out of our training sessions.

RLTW
Bell
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

While driving west thru Nebraska I turned off Rte 80 onto OPT 40 around Chyenne, WY and then made a northerly turn on to RTE I-25N towards Montana. :shock:

:lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Poetryisdeath
Embryo

Post by Poetryisdeath »

Thetimehascome, PM sent.
Ranger Terry Welshan wrote:Run fast, stay awake, dont drown, dont fail, that should cover it.
I just want to do what I can for my country, with the best that I can.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Boys, there is a big difference between squaring away some shithead and jumping on the bandwagon to get a few licks in on him. Leave the smoke to us. You boys just worry about educating the dumbasses that come here so that we can minimize the amount of smoke we have to send downrange in order to maintain the clearly stated standards of this site.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Poetryisdeath
Embryo

Post by Poetryisdeath »

I apologize Ranger Creeping Death. That was the subject of my PM.
Ranger Terry Welshan wrote:Run fast, stay awake, dont drown, dont fail, that should cover it.
I just want to do what I can for my country, with the best that I can.
Thetimehascome
Tadpole

Post by Thetimehascome »

I did not mean to disrespect or cross the line, for that I'm sorry
Ranger Creeping Death and Ranger Bell. I just caught caught up in the moment, will not happen again.

My fellow DEP's thanks for the PM's
Bell

Post by Bell »

Thetimehascome wrote:I did not mean to disrespect or cross the line, for that I'm sorry
Ranger Creeping Death and Ranger Bell. I just caught caught up in the moment, will not happen again.

My fellow DEP's thanks for the PM's
It's that mob mentality thing. I really don't like seeing that. Jump on a man just because everyone else is kicking him? Get yer own fight.

If ya did any fighting at all you'd understand this. Backing up yer buddy ain't fighting his fights for him. He get in a fight. Let him fight. You keep the riffraff off his back. I think you understand what we were saying.

Being cool and maintaining is a very important part of your learning process. Getting caught up in the moment can get ya hurt bad. There's a lesson here.

RLTW
Bell
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

But since you're already puttin' the boot in give him one for me.
And..er..then behave.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “Recruitment Process”