Workout Rountines

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Dc22x
Future Soldier Mod/ Opt40

Workout Rountines

Post by Dc22x »

Rangers, My last football game of my senior year was this Friday and with that now ending it is time to get in shape to prepare me for basic and RASP. I have looked around the site and there is an abundance of workout programs, which one do you Rangers reccomend? I havent taken a pt test since football began but I'm confident that I'm already in pretty good shape. I plan on taking a pt test at my recruiters office once my elbow is healed. It has a small fracture from football which led me to not be able to play my last game. I probably wont be able to do push-ups for a few weeks but no need to waste time when I can run. If you could point me in the right direction of a good workout routine that would be great.

Thank you,
Damien
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
panthersix
Ranger

Re: Workout Rountines

Post by panthersix »

Dc22x wrote:Rangers, My last football game of my senior year was this Friday and with that now ending it is time to get in shape to prepare me for basic and RASP. I have looked around the site and there is an abundance of workout programs, which one do you Rangers reccomend? I havent taken a pt test since football began but I'm confident that I'm already in pretty good shape. I plan on taking a pt test at my recruiters office once my elbow is healed. It has a small fracture from football which led me to not be able to play my last game. I probably wont be able to do push-ups for a few weeks but no need to waste time when I can run. If you could point me in the right direction of a good workout routine that would be great.

Thank you,
Damien

One arm push ups for a start....so knock 'em out!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Dc22x wrote: If you could point me in the right direction of a good workout routine that would be great.
Go outside and start running. I think running has been covered in several threads. If you have a specific question then ask.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

There is a whole forum dedicated to Physcial Training. Look in there first. If, after exhaustive research, you don't find your answer then ask your questions. Any question you have has been answered about a thousand times. Below is the PT forum link.

viewforum.php?f=42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “About Army Physical Training”