New to post, but not to board

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

BrokeMillionaire
Embryo

New to post, but not to board

Post by BrokeMillionaire »

Hi, my name is Jason, and I am about to be 22 years old. I have been reading this forum for about a year, and finally decided to introduce myself. I am a senior at The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina and will be graduating in May. I am in Army ROTC, but I have no obligation to go into the Army(yet). I started reading this board, and became interested with it, because I believe that the Rangers are the elite in the military (just my .02). I decided to join because of the people on this board, y'all really seem like a good bunch of guys (and girls). I hope to learn alot more from this board.
Thanks
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

May consider a different avatar as someone else selected that one today before you (bummer). It was in use before by DevilRat, but he just signed an option 40 contract and has upgraded.

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1978

Oh yeah, welcome to the site. :roll:
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

welcome.
BrokeMillionaire
Embryo

Thanks for the heads-up Ranger Spartan. Also, thanks for the welcome fellas.
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/profile.ph ... file&u=180

:roll:

Hey - nevermind - something tells me that PHR is going to be getting a new avatar very soon. :twisted:
Last edited by Spartan on February 24th, 2004, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EggMcMuffin
Tadpole

Post by EggMcMuffin »

Salutations, BrokeMillionaire. 8)
USAFA-CAP
SWR-TX-441

With my left hand and the internet, anyone's my girlfriend.

"We must remember that one man is much the same as another,
and he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies
BrokeMillionaire
Embryo

Ranger OU, I don't think he would like that avatar too much, but then again some rules are made to break, lol. How do you know about senior tac officers?
Cat

Post by Cat »

What made you choose The Citadel over the other military colleges/universities? I had a friend at VMI and he discussed a fierce rivalry between the universities. What is your take?
BrokeMillionaire
Embryo

Thanks Ranger Spartan, quick question though, are newts allowed to upload an avatar or just pick from the gallery? I looked in the FAQ, but it did not clarify (I don't think).
P.S. I love how this board has a "system" :)
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

You'll have to write the Admin. That question is a bit above my paygrade.
BrokeMillionaire
Embryo

Cat, I was born in Charleston, so that is one key factor. The Citadel was supposed to be the hardest so that was another reason for my choice (I am not starting a debate, just what I heard when I was in HS). Also, being from South Carolina, Virginia is considered north, at least to people around here, and it would snow, which I am not into. One thing people don't realize is yes, VMI, is a rival but Furman is The Citadel's biggest rival, at least that is how is used to be (Old Corps).
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Welcome, BM...wow, that sound almost...wrong, now don't it? What thee hell, your ROTC....I can get away with it.
Citadel, eh. When I was stationed At Fort Stewart, we had a Lacrosse team of guys from 1st Batt and some other post units that would travel to Charleston and whip the shit out of the Bulldogs. Good friend of mine, now a "Marine" O-6 went to school there and look at him now/ :roll:
Regardless of your ROTC, school, or other affiliations, welcome to the board. These guys are very entertaining.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
BrokeMillionaire
Embryo

Ranger Spartan, well if its cool that I can keep this avatar, then screw it, this is good enough for me.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

OK, enlighten me, Spartan....what exatly does that picture of me he's using as an AVATAR have in my mouth?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Return to “Introduction Archive”