Introduction- SicVisPacem

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

SicVisPacem
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Introduction- SicVisPacem

Post by SicVisPacem »

goon175 wrote:Well that should tell you the character of your recruiters. It's too easy to find a different recruiter if they don't want to work with you any more. Is the trouble of finding a new recruiter more than the trouble of doing a job you don't want to do for the next 3-6 years?
You may be right Ranger Goon, My only thing is that my recruiters basically said they'd just send out an email to all the state recruiting stations to not work with me. Not sure if that's possible but it's definitely alarming. Also, does anyone know what happens after a year as a DEP? Is it a permanent release or a bar from military service? Because If there's some way to wait out a slot then that would be infinitely better... And I figure at least someone on here may know and actually tell me something straight. I don't want to permanently burn any bridges....
Ship date: 20111025
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

You may be right Ranger Goon,
I know I am, thanks though!
My only thing is that my recruiters basically said they'd just send out an email to all the state recruiting stations to not work with me.
They could send out an e-mail, sure. Will they? maybe. It's most likely them trying to scare you. Will other recruiters listen to them? probably, because someone, somewhere is behind on there mission and could use an extra person to put in.
Also, does anyone know what happens after a year as a DEP?
You become a DEP loss. You could resign the next day if you wanted to. The recruiters just don't want a loss, as it looks bad. I recently shipped a girl that re-no'd twice and was a future soldier for almost 2 years.
Is it a permanent release or a bar from military service?

Not at all.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I meant to say "probably NOT" in the e-mail question
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
SicVisPacem
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by SicVisPacem »

Thank you Ranger Goon, I think I am probably going to have to find another recruiting station, but I am definitely going to call my recruiter and tell him to cancel my contract and try to wait for an infantry slot somewhere. I heard they ship in May and that's why supposedly I couldn't get it. They said I couldn't spend more than a year. If I understand you correctly I should wait until the year is up then re-apply and hold out for 11x (opt.40 if available) ?
Ship date: 20111025
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

You don't have to wait until the year is up. You can join the next day if you want to.
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

ZoneIV wrote:Wouldn't the crew do the bitch work and heavy lifting on a Stryker as oppose to a Stryker mechanic?? This is how it was on tracked vehicles.
You'd know that better than us, but you also know who's going to get all the blame for every nit glitch.
On the plus side, this kid will be well prepared for working in the repair dept at a GMC dealership. :lol:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Introduction Archive”