Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

JLTW!!! wrote: What do you know, or think you know, about Rangers?

Damn if that ain't a loaded question! :lol:
RSD 96-99
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

13ust1,
Tell me why you had all the Black Hawk Down shit on your initial intro.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Un-assigned worldwide for sure

Hope you enjoy that big Indian Head patch, I heard Korea is nice in December, just about the time you will get there...
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Charlie 51 wrote:Un-assigned worldwide for sure

Hope you enjoy that big Indian Head patch, I heard Korea is nice in December, just about the time you will get there...
Nice call on that one. I do hear they still have good hookers over there though. Just be sure to bring enough change for the shots.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Veteran Old Grunt,

Roger that. I am available, but can not speak for Northstar. Regardless, by the time 13ust1 submits his assignment, we will have a group of four mentees ready to review it.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Northstar
Embryo

Post by Northstar »

Veteran Old Grunt,

Roger that. Copperhead and I will gather two more DEPS to make a peer review.

-Northstar
Shipdate: 20080624

Ranger Lefty's mentee
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Tenn-RGR wrote:wings level........
tally

:D
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Tenn-RGR wrote:wings level........
You owe me a new notebook since mine has gatorade all over it! :lol:
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

13ust1 wrote:Alright let me try to make a new impression. I am sorry for the first one i made it was not perfect as it should have been, and I apologize for it.

Hi, my name is Allen, I’m 18 years old. I am a senior in High School and work as a cart pusher at Wal-Mart.

I enlisted in the Army a few months ago. I ship out for Basic August 15th, 2008. I am looking forward for being in the Army, being an Army Ranger and a member of this site.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

RTO wrote: Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I just spit coffee on my lap dance...I mean laptop!!!
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
13ust1
Embryo

Post by 13ust1 »

I want to be an Airborne Army ranger because I want to be infantry but did not want to be just a regular Army ground unit; I wanted to be one of the Army’s finest. Before I signed up for the Army, I was thinking of whether I wanted to be a Marine or in the Army as Delta Force, Special Forces, or Ranger, then I started talking to a friend that was in the Army and he told me that Marines sign open contracts. And I did not want to be told what I was going to be, I rather chose what I want to be. When I was in about seventh or eighth grade my friend and I would always talk about how we where going to join the military, him: in the Air Force and me; in the Army, but we didn’t know much about the military and how there was more jobs then just flying planes and shooting guns.

Also another reason is because most of my family served in the Army. My dad was in the Army when I was a little kid. I got most of his stuff from the military that he had gotten. My grandpa was in the Army as a combat medic during Vietnam, I also got his some of his stuff that he had gotten as well.

One thing I am doing to prepare for the Army is running in the mornings at around six in the morning. Since I have recently started doing this my friend and me run about two and a half miles every morning. After we get used to it we swill go further and further every time we run, but most off the time because I am in school I only get an hour to run on the weekdays, also on the days that my friend and I are not running we are lifting weights try to build up are arm muscles/ we usually bench press, incline and do just decline presses. We are trying to get up earlier so we can add more. We are going to start doing more since we are going to do that earlier then when we start running. Last thing I am doing to prepare for the Army is, I go up to the recruiters building to do drills every Thursday afternoon for one hour up to two or three hours. For the first few minutes that we Future Soldiers are there for us sometimes run just about half of a mil. Then after that we do; push-ups, crunches, jumping jacks, and other stuff that you do in Basic. Then when we are almost done we drill on orders and commands, learn about ranks squads and formations.

Basically that is the sum of why I joined the Army. Out of all the jobs I could of chosen from, I chose Ranger. I choose this because it is one of the finest of the Army and I wanted to be part of it.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

wow
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
Bravo57 wrote:13ust1,
Tell me why you had all the Black Hawk Down shit on your initial intro.
This is gonna leave a mark...

Or at least mental scaring
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )

Return to “Introduction Archive”