M4 sling. If you had to buy one, what would you want?

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

I absolutely hated the Mamba sling. A bunch of guys I know bought it at the PX and they ended up getting tangled in it and shit hanging off as well as extra pieces here and there.

I looked around and got this one, the GG&G sling from Wilderness.com

http://thewilderness.com/catalog/defaul ... aebf1f2156

Great sling, available with some accessories and also have a QD option for a few extra bucks.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
another damn texan
Ranger

Post by another damn texan »

I prefer a single point attachment sling. Diamondback makes a good one and just about everyone else does too. You'll have to purchase a receiver end plate that accepts the HK style hooks though. Or you could spend 12 bucks for the SpecOps Wolf Hook.
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95
Head175
Ranger

Post by Head175 »

The term "single point" sling is a trademark of the highest quality sling maker in the world, the wilderness. It is their trademark because they INVENTED the single point sling. GG&G is allowed to use the term single point because the wilderness contacted them to create the adapter plates. Anybody else who uses the term single point, or for that matter makes a single point sling is copying the wilderness. Go with the original!

The wilderness also made the original rescue/rappel belt. They call it the instructor belt because the owner used to teach mountain rescue and wanted something to wear in the tower other than a harness all day just to leash himself in. The Instructor Belt was born and all of the copying by every other company is history!

I have an amazing solution to MANY sling problems. I have created an adapter that allows you to attach your weapon in a single point fashion to your RBA without having to modify your weapon or route the sling up and around your nods when you are trying to get off a bird (it allows you to carry it muzzle down while seated), it doesn't interfere with your acces to you magazine pouches (as a normal sling does, by getting tangled or by covering them), it can be chow slung, it doesn't slip of your RBA shoulder and dig into your neck, it allows you to fire your weapon from your off-hand side without taking off the sling, it doesn't get in the way if you need to drop your RBA for medical reasons, easy to fast rope without your weapon swinging around in front of you, it is completely universal! (if your weapon is damaged/ goes down, it can be quickly released and another weapon attached right away!, it can be attached in a vehicle and pointed outboard no matter which side you are sitting on! Need any more benifits? It is the perfect system for Rangers!

The best part, it is Ranger proof! Very simple in design, NO moving parts!

You can train with your weapon in your PT shirt if you want to do tape drills, and then snap it right on to your RBA for QRF!

The Wilderness is going to start carrying it any day now, contact me or them to show your interest! It is called the W.A.S.P. (wilderness attachment, single point)

We will have pictures of it soon.
RLTW
1/75 Ranger Batt. 4/99-3/03 Class 07-00
Bco. 1st. Plt &
Sniper Plt.
SOTIC
French Mtn Warfare School
EMT-I

MOLON LABE!

Return to “Weapons of War”