General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Friends of Abe

Post by rgrokelley »

This is an interesting article:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/P ... y.asp?pg=1

This is about the new Conservative movement in Hollywood. David Zucker, the guy who did the Airplane movies, is coming out with an anti-left, anti-Obama, comedy in October. His comment:

"War Is Not the Answer." Zucker's response, in effect: "It Depends on the Question."

There is a group of folks who can't stand what the left has done. These are actors such as Gary Sinise, Dennis Hopper, Kelsey Grammer, Jon Voight, and David Alan Grier.

The premise of the movie?

"The holiday in An American Carol is not Christmas and the antagonist is not Ebenezer Scrooge. Instead, the film follows the exploits of a slovenly, anti-American filmmaker named Michael Malone, who has joined with a left-wing activist group (Moovealong.org) to ban the Fourth of July. Along the way, Malone is visited by the ghosts of three American heroes--George Washington, George S. Patton, and John F. Kennedy--who try to convince him he's got it all wrong. When terrorists from Afghanistan realize that they need to recruit more operatives to make up for the ever-diminishing supply of suicide bombers, they begin a search for just the right person to help produce a new propaganda video. "This will not be hard to find in Hollywood," says one. "They all hate America." When they settle on Malone, who is in need of work after his last film (Die You American Pigs) bombed at the box office, he unwittingly helps them with their plans to launch another attack on American soil."
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Damn interesting reading.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

It ought to be an interesting movie.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
SouthernBlonde
Sister

Post by SouthernBlonde »

I hope you'll get the chance to pay to see it, Ranger Scuba Wino. According to IMDB, the film is set for an Oct. 3rd release but still has no big-name distributor (Vivendi is one of the smallest in the industry). It'll be very interesting to see if one of the bigger studios will have the guts to get behind it and allow broader distribution. Otherwise, it's probably going to have a very limited release.
And I guess I'll die explainin' how the things that they complain about are things they could be changin' hopin' someone's gonna care ~ Kris Kristofferson

I am not a Warrior.
The fight is not my job.
My job is to support the Warrior,
at all times and in all ways,
and - with every free breath I draw -
to be thankful for him.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”