Eric Shinseki is a DICK

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Vee
Ranger

Eric Shinseki is a DICK

Post by Vee »

The question was asked how Rangers feel about the decision to give everyone the Black Beret now that it's been awhile.

I think it is still an important topic and I'm proud of the answer I gave. So I'm reposting it here because I want EVERYONE to read it. I wouldn't want anyone to think I feel any other way.
vrsca wrote:
RGR Luna wrote:That morning was squad pt. SSG Williams (cool fucker) could smell the booze. :shock: My roomate, Minotti, started to snicker :roll: , Oh shit. Sarn't Williams dropped him in formation. Minotti was trying his best, but it wasn't good enough. :twisted: Sarn't Williams kicked him in the fucking ribs and made him puke. :lol: That was when we all started laughing, including Minotti. :lol:
The guy who got kicked in the ribs and puked was laughing.....

My Dad was a paratrooper. I remember watching him get upset while the news showed clips during Vietnam. He raised me to be a soldier.

So what is a soldier? Is it a person who barely makes it through basic and then works in a kitchen for 2 years? Is it a person who shoots expert once a year for qualification, but couldn't tell you where their weapon is stored? Is it the person who puts more effort into getting out of a task than it would have to complete the task? Is it the person who whines and complains about going to the field for 3 days cuz they 'just went last year'?

Maybe these guys want to be nice. I don't.

That is the way I perceive the ENTIRE REST of the Army outside the Ranger Regiment. They are NOT soldiers.

The guy who got kicked in the ribs and puked was laughing. He wasn't crying. He wasn't whining. He wasn't threatening to 'tattletale' on the
NCO. He wasn't claiming that he was kicked for being black or hispanic or female. He knew he was being kicked because he showed up to formation drunk.

He was laughing.

That's a soldier.

Rangers are soldiers. Rangers are fighters. They will always exceed the standard. They will always fulfill their mission. They will always give 110%. They will always take responsibility for their actions. They will die to save one another without hesitation.

Most people in the army have not accomplished enough to be called soldiers and wear the uniform, let alone the Rangers' headgear.

Think my opinion sucks?

Too bad. Fuck You.
I missed the whole discussion because it occured long before I came to this site.

I'd like to REOPEN the discussion and see how others feel at this period in time.

NOTE TO ADMIN: I realize this was from the personal gear topic.....but I feel that it currently would get more discussion in MC.
RSD 96-99
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Oh yeah.

If yer not a Ranger, and you take offense.........

Good. It'll make for a better discussion :twisted:
RSD 96-99
Apollo
Tadpole

Post by Apollo »

vrsca wrote:Oh yeah.

If yer not a Ranger, and you take offense.........

Good. It'll make for a better discussion :twisted:
Okay Ranger Vrsca, I'll bite.
The Black beret symbolized being elite, something that the average Soldier would aspire to be as honorable as the warers of it. Thus making the Army, or atleast the Infantry and support(read Medics, Arty, etc.) want to train to the level of excellance that the Rangers have achieved. In my opinion giving the whole Army the Ranger Black Beret killed partly the desire to excell and said to the whole Army your training is done you have achieved that status, which I believe just isn't right.
Besides this makes the entire Army look european, If we wanted to look european we wouldn't have kicked their collective asses off this continent.Don't get me wrong, For elite units who use it as a badge of honor and office it holds different meanings than such mass production.

---Jon
Keep on keepin' on---Joe dirt

"Sometimes you need faith in a cause to believe in yourself."

Ranger DocDaigle is my mentor.
Sigi

Post by Sigi »

Here is a civilian prespective.

Why not offer a different color beret if the Rangers had black? If the Black Beret was so coveted why issue it so easily to the regular Army?

Now its a Tan Beret? Why not just give the Army Tan? WTF?

Doesn't matter, though. Rangers are still some of the baddest MF's on the planet. Most of the time they don't wear a Beret.

I think it sucks that they give away the Black Beret. To me though, Tan is tops now.

I dont want to say "fuck the Black Beret" but Tan is where it's at.

EDIT: Man, I hope Rangers wear Tan, because I didn't check to make sure. Oh please God, please God, please God, please God.........
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

I had the black beret, thought it ws pretty decent. But even in 74-78 time frame, fucken tankers had black berets. Some genius fuck 4 star signed off on that.
End result is....while I liked the beret, I will tell you something I saw after I went to baseball caps and all the assorted horse shit thrown on me. You can spot a Ranger at 300 meters. I was a PLDC, BNCOES, ANCOES, instructor....Rangers have a swagger, a step, a directness unmatched by any soldier anywhere.
It didnt matter what I had on my head, I made GODDAMNED sure everyone who saw me knew I was a Ranger. Its unadulterarted confidence....sheer presence....
Yea, I liked the Black Beret but it gets down to basics....like some soldiers say shit like, Im not a good garrison soldier, Im a good field soldier. I dont buy it, your either a good soldier or you aint. Rangers, they stand out in anything they do...it's a fact...I have 23 years of observation and 23 years of people telling me, "you walk like you hate everyone"! That came from my Bn. Cdr when I was his CSM. He also said, are you the way you are because you are a Ranger? I said, No, Sir! I am a Ranger because of the way I am. It attracts people who have sand, audacity, confidence, belligerence,....people who just aint afraid to stand their ground and growl with the big wolves. In my mind, fuck the beret. It's nice but there is a shit lot more to a Ranger than a fucking hat.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

After I ETS'ed I went to Penn State University. I joined Army ROTC, figured it would keep me in shape. At the first formation, the "ROTC Rangers" made their appearence and their "commander" walked down the ranks to inspect the new cadets. The newbies were trembling as this wannabe prick in a black beret walked up and down the ranks. He came in front of me. I was wearing flip flops, surfer t-shirt and Hawaiian shorts, sunglasses, hadn't shaved for two days, three Mooseheads recently ingested. He started to give me a raft of shit, said I needed a haircut. I said it was within regs., he asked how would I know, said I was prior service. Oh yeah ? What unit ? He bellows. 75th Ranger Regiment you cocksucker I answer, break formation and leave. My ROTC career totalled 28 minutes.

So, long story short, it always pissed me off that "ROTC Ranger" units all over the US were wearing black berets. God forbid they would have worn green or maroon. I hope they aren't wearing tan now. Anyone know ?
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

IntelToad wrote:After I ETS'ed I went to Penn State University. I joined Army ROTC, figured it would keep me in shape. At the first formation, the "ROTC Rangers" made their appearence and their "commander" walked down the ranks to inspect the new cadets. The newbies were trembling as this wannabe prick in a black beret walked up and down the ranks. He came in front of me. I was wearing flip flops, surfer t-shirt and Hawaiian shorts, sunglasses, hadn't shaved for two days, three Mooseheads recently ingested. He started to give me a raft of shit, said I needed a haircut. I said it was within regs., he asked how would I know, said I was prior service. Oh yeah ? What unit ? He bellows. 75th Ranger Regiment you cocksucker I answer, break formation and leave. My ROTC career totalled 28 minutes.

So, long story short, it always pissed me off that "ROTC Ranger" units all over the US were wearing black berets. God forbid they would have worn green or maroon. I hope they aren't wearing tan now. Anyone know ?
Thats some funnee shit there Intel Toad. Three smiles at least. :lol: :lol: :lol: I sure wish I could have been there to watch his face. The V.V.A. or Vietnam Veterans of America wear black berets. One time I was with them during a dedication of a plot of land to the honor or POW/MIA. We had spruced up the site and were decorating with ribbons and such since local dignitaries were to be there. I wore the 75th black beret that I got at Ranger Joe's during '98 reunion. They all wore VVA patch on their beret. One of the dignitaries came over to me saying he noticed my 75th DUI on my beret. He shook my hand in front of all the VVA members and told me he was in SF during his service time. I was the only 75th Inf member in my V V A.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

while investigating the beginnings of Eric Shinseki and Bill Clinton I found this:

Bill Clinton: General Shinseki I must say I like the way the black beret sits on the 75th Ranger Regiment soldiers head. They look good. All this downsizing of our military is leaving us with less soldiers. To the entire world we will look weak. If the remainder of our Army could just be 75th Rangers our country would be protected always by the best.

General Shinseki: President Clinton Sir, there is a way we can fool the world by giving every regular soldier in the army the black beret. And here is the best Sir. You being the Commander-In-Chief would be entitled to wear the black beret since it is your army. We can give the 75th another color, say pink, to make them madder as hell. So when we send them into the enemies nest, they will kick the enemies asses as they take their hostilities out on them.

Bill Clinton: General Shinseki, I like your idea. Give the entire U.S. Army the black beret. But I don't want to give the 75th RR a pink beret. Hilliary likes that color and hates the 75th RR. She will break my chops and watch me closer. That is the last thing I want is my wife looking over my shoulder. I don't give a shit about the 75th RR. That's it, Give them tan berets instead. Do this immediately General Shinseki.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

You've got style you've got flare. If Hillary looked over his shoulder too much, she might have caught a load in the face, because of Monica. :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Neutron
Tadpole

Post by Neutron »

Ranger Luna...we all know that hillary would of loved catching a load to the face. She's liberal, PC, goodie goodie...what says "COCK FIEND" more than that?!?! I bet bill was ramming candles in her ass and then lighting them, then making hillary watch (as the candle burns) monica get bill off. The whole time bill is flipping a quarter to see if he's going to Veto or accept all of the bill's and documents presented to him to be approved/disapproved.

Ranger Steadfast...lmfao. Sadly enough, I'm sure their conversation was very similar to that. Bill probably wanted a modular rapid fire condem dispenser sewn into the top inside of his. :lol:
"Just know who you ARE and drive the fuck on!" - Ranger Steadfast

Life is nothing more than a ladder, climb it better, higher, faster.

Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Never quit, and permanently destroy the little part of your mind that says...."I can't." - Ranger BadMuther

Return to “The Mosh Pit”