QuikClot?

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
another damn texan
Ranger

Post by another damn texan »

We all carry it in our blow out kits. Our doc explained that it is not for use above the naval and should be more or less a last resort.
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95
Doc Roberts
US Army Veteran

QC and Hemcon

Post by Doc Roberts »

On this past deployment 5/05 - 5/06 I used both QC and Hemcon. They were more of last resort type measures and when used they performed great. The types of wounds I used them on required immediate evac and treatment at a hospital anyway. As long as the units are providing education about their usage and effectiveness they should be issued bulk when possible. The only issue I had with QC was putting the granules in a windy environment. Some small burns resulted but that was the least of my patients concerns.
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -- Thomas Paine

"DOC, check out that hole....!" Maj. Boz, Yusufiyah, Iraq
LEO, Ditch Doc
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Ethically, the pharmaceutical companies are usually required to test these things on Vietnam veterans before they're allowed to try them on lab rats, so just find some grunt from 173rd who's had the experience and ask him about this product. :twisted:
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Doc wrote:
hobbit wrote:Ethically, the pharmaceutical companies are usually required to test these things on Vietnam veterans before they're allowed to try them on lab rats, so just find some grunt from 173rd who's had the experience and ask him about this product. :twisted:
It's too bad they didn't have products like this during the Vietnam War. Training, technology and field medical care have come a long way.

Check Six,
Doc
Fortunately up in I Corps we had medevac pilots with balls as big as Brooklyn. You wouldn't believe some of the extractions those guys pulled off.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein

Return to “Medical Issues”