RIP Hold (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Gravity Man
Ranger

RIP Hold (RANGER)

Post by Gravity Man »

Last week we arrived at RIP hold from Airborne school. So far, the PT has been great. Details pretty much suck but you get to chat with Bat boys sometimes and receive a lil intel. They told us that we'd be in Hold for around 6 weeks because of Best Ranger coming up.

From what I've seen and been told, making it through is a matter of luck (especially if you're 11B....they don't need us) and not quitting. I talked to Black Skirt the other day, who hit the magical 46...46...46...for 30 seconds. He's now WW. Lookatmesarnt left on thurs for RIP and el Diablo is merely a few rooms down from me. It's good to put names to faces from ArmyRanger.com. I didn't see Ranger H8Train throughout my 24 hour CQ shift at RTD, though. :twisted:

Learn the Creed perfectly, be squared away and don't quit. Also, come to RIP Hold from airborne with only one bag. Running with 4+ and dumping them all out from shakedown = not fun. We lost a lot of guys that way. Put them in someone's car or storage by Commandos till you get settled in.

Anything else, PM me and I'll try to help ya out.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Good sitrep G-man. Keep doing the SU's & PU's. Try not to fucken play games with your buddies in hold. An injury can sideline you from continuing your quest. Stay the fuck healthy and drive on. Keep us informed.

Stead
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Hang in there. You're approaching the Playoff Game. :wink: Come out a winner and you proceed to the Super Bowl. Glad to hear all you ArmyRanger.com guys are hooking up. Tell them all howdy.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

How in the hell could Regt be at strength or overstrength on 11B's. It seemed to me we were always short, hell it was rare if I ever had a full gun team or fire team. Best thing you can do kid is not even listen to that bullshit. Just the knowledge already plants that seed of uncertainity in your head whether you believe it or not.
The Tool
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Like The Tool said - too much intel when you don't know shit to begin with can be dangerous. Stay focused and don't buy into rumors. Do your best and don't quit.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
Bell

Post by Bell »

Great SITREP. Keep on with what you've been doing. You know the drill. Don't quit.

RLTW
Bell
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Great SITREP,

Good luck to you!!!

"Winning is not everything. It's the only thing." --Vince Lombardi
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior

Return to “Letters from School”