DEP's and Company

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Nomad
Ranger

DEP's and Company

Post by Nomad »

Guys,

This is an unusual post from what you meatheads are used to, but something needs to be said. I have been out for two years now and it took me a full year to be around the people that I think highly of. Some of you guys are all high on becoming a Ranger and that is wonderful. However, some of you will stop short of that goal. If you become one of those guys, you will never understand the men on this board, in the regiment or anyone who has earned to have his name mentioned in our community. Becoming a Ranger is fairly easy, but being a Ranger and living by the standards you will be raised on is a whole different story. The feeling of pride and honor is amazing. When you are out there, name the place, be it a bar or a combat zone, there is no better man to have by your side than an Airborne Ranger.

I was always proud of what I learned in Battalion and it made me a winner in life. I never gave up on my dream of being amongst the hardest fuckers on this planet. When I came to the Sandbox, I didn't know Crashkill other than having seen him in the chowhall at 2/75. He hooked me up with a job that literally changed my life. Afer a while, Crashkill and I became best friends and I miss the shit out of him. Then I met El Nino and he turned out to be a great friend and one of the most impacting people on my workout discipline. Then one thing followed to the next and we got Colt1Rgr on our team. He is one of those BTDT guys, that you can always ask for advice and he will make sure that you are good to go.

This was the best year of my life. I have made some great friendships and set myself up with a nice career. But it wouldn't have been possible without these guys.

I hope that this serves as motivation to all of you. The one thing you guys need to keep in mind is what my old 1SG said:

"Today is a damn fine day to be a goddamn Airborne Ranger"

Stay motivated boys and become part of the brotherhood that will help you whenever you can't find anyone else.
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

Thanks for the motivation Ranger Matador275. Knockin em out.

Malarkey
A co 3/75 '07-'10
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

I appreciate the post Ranger Matador275.

Knockin them out also.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

I would like to add something. I have been living in Europe 15 years a civilian now and say this. Had it not been for the training and motivation received as an airborne Ranger I would not have made it this far. Believe you me when I say that it’s an up hill battle everyday especially when everyone knows I’m American and alone. Like I said the wolves come in packs but the hell with them I’m an old airborne Ranger by God!

Get tough and want it deep inside! Motivate your hearts and your minds. It’s a good feeling when you know you made it.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Red Manchu
Tadpole

Post by Red Manchu »

Thank you for the post Ranger Matador275. Doing push-ups.
Ranger Fish's Mentee
Poetryisdeath
Embryo

Post by Poetryisdeath »

Your words won't fall on ignorant ears, Ranger Matador275; thank you. Thank you as well, Ranger Chiron, your words are equally as important to myself and the other DEPs and Newts.

Getting into the front leaning rest position.
Ranger Terry Welshan wrote:Run fast, stay awake, dont drown, dont fail, that should cover it.
I just want to do what I can for my country, with the best that I can.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”