RIP Instructors are weeding em' out fast!!!

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
toad
Ranger

Post by toad »

S7cc7r wrote:they especially did not want any more 11B.
And they sure as hell don't want fucks like yourself!!! :evil:
Cco 3/75th 2nd plt wpns sqd 87-89
RS 8-88
psouper
Ranger Mom

Re: RIP Instructors are weeding em' out fast!!!

Post by psouper »

This is an old thread, but certainly an educational one. Before my son started RIP I had the feeling ( from lurking at ArmyRanger.com) that "they don't kick you out, you take yourself out."

Last weekend via phone call, he told me that the cadre do everything they can to "gently encourage" people to quit. His theory is that people drop because they can't stand being outside their comfort zone. They get mad in a "I don't have to put up with this crap" way.

If my son is going into harm's way, I want him to go with the best.

p.s. He's at Cole Range this week. Hope to do some fist pumping and booty shaking myself in a couple weeks.
1/75 Mom
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

psouper wrote:This is an old thread, but certainly an educational one. Before my son started RIP I had the feeling ( from lurking at ArmyRanger.com) that "they don't kick you out, you take yourself out."

Last weekend via phone call, he told me that the cadre do everything they can to "gently encourage" people to quit. His theory is that people drop because they can't stand being outside their comfort zone. They get mad in a "I don't have to put up with this crap" way.

If my son is going into harm's way, I want him to go with the best.

p.s. He's at Cole Range this week. Hope to do some fist pumping and booty shaking myself in a couple weeks.
Sounds like his head is on pretty well. Thanks for raising your son to have a warrior's attitude. My standard advise to the new ones is: "Do your very best every minute of every day and only associate with those who do the same." And of course, NEVER QUIT!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Boudicca
Tadpole

Post by Boudicca »

My son told me on his first day of RIP, the cadre offered Italy...and at least one actually took it!!!??? WTF?
To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction.
<2> Ranger Mom
RIP 10-08 & RS 10-09
RSOVRanger
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RSOVRanger »

I think that this is a fitting place to put a little tale of tales, considering the "RIP Hold" commentary... but, I cannot vouch for the same opportunities arising in hold today, since I went through in '98...

My pre-enlistment mentors recommended that it'd be intelligent for me to volunteer for every detail. Their explanation was that I will gain valuable experience about day to day operations in the armed forces.

I pleasantly applied myself for a 3 man detail, and was subsequently kindly instructed to sequester my equipment and report to a stakebed. We happily loaded water cans and various other sundry items and had a merry old time like a sunday drive out to Tricolor range.

It was an extremely endearing experience. The Cadre had plenty of energy after carousing with the current class to be able to focus their attentions and experience upon shaping and molding tenative new candidates for a Scroll.

I did so enjoy those water cans. Those are perfectly shaped to be able to do many wonderful things that an untrained eye would NEVER think of. And those sand bags! My, they're a delight!

I cannot remember specifically, but I do believe that my companions who had joined me on said detail didn't feel the same enjoyment and festive nature of simple games and sportsmanship, because I did not see them again after we returned back to the barracks.

'Tis a pity, because the games had a week yet to begin.

Don't fucking quit...pussies.
Aco & HHC 3/75 May98-Apr04
Aco 4/23 INF Apr04-Jun06
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

When we got picked up from Airborne school, one of the guys in formation was wearing his Maroon Beret and jump boots. More accurately, he was eating ice cream with his parents when the Cadre showed up. :shock:

Our class was right around 80, graduated 23. All of those who didn't make it, quit. And yes, my maroon beret wearing friend made it, even with the special attention he was given the first week while we were in holdover.

The moral of this thread is "Never Quit" and if you feed anyone a line of why you got booted, we know you're full of it.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
panthersix
Ranger

Re:

Post by panthersix »

LastHardSapper wrote:Unless that guy was about 4'3" and shaped like a hardboiled egg I find it hard to believe that someone would've told him he was too heavy at 180 lbs. My son weighed 250 when he went thru RIP and nobody messed with him about being too heavy. He's only slightly lighter than that now. He's about 30 lbs over his screening weight but is more than good on bodyfat. I asked him just recently if his NCOs ever screw with him on his weight and he said nobody gives a fuck as long as you can hang.
doubt he got dropped for being "fat" more like he quit because he "felt" fat....or some harsh words were used to that effect by an insensitive RIP Cadre....because you know, in combat, sensitivity is what wins a firefight!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Crash89
Ranger

Post by Crash89 »

Haven't posted as much on these forums, but when I saw the whole bit about being too fat at 180 pounds I thought about a buddy of mine in my squad who's going on 125 pounds and trying to gain weight as fast as he can, but he still hangs. Could go on ranting and raving but the simple truth is just what everyone says... to pass RIP just don't fucking quit.
"We sleep safely in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence to those who would harm us." -George Orwell.

Airborne! Class 33-08.
RIP Class 10-08... yeah, the big one.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

I remember the sensitivity training phase. It was between the mountains and the swamp as I remember. :lol: :lol:
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Back when Lamica was our NCOIC at RIP out at Sabre Hall on HAAF, there was no harassment that I can recall, just PT twice a day and rucking. We lost most of our class to not being able to run or ruck.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Bravo57
Ranger

Re: Re:

Post by Bravo57 »

JLTW!!! wrote:
panthersix wrote:....because you know, in combat, sensitivity is what wins a firefight!

Is that why I had to hand out chocolate and "footballs" a couple of times? :twisted:

The thread is about R.I.P. Stay in your lane
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
ninjaman
Tadpole

Post by ninjaman »

What are the chances of actually getting "booted"? I was under the impression that as long as you didn't quit you would make it to the end, and whether you passed or not would just depend on your test scores.
Romans 3:23-25

" 23 all have sinned and are deprived of the glory of God.
24 They are justified freely by his grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as an expiation, through faith, by his blood, to prove his righteousness because of the forgiveness of sins previously committed."
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

You worry too much Ninja. Do your absolute best & if that is good enough, you earn your way into our regiment.
If your best meets the RASP standard, you get to see if you can live the life in a Ranger battalion.

Now go do more PT.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “About RASP”