MEDIC!!!!!!

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Dud
Tadpole

MEDIC!!!!!!

Post by Dud »

Sorry Rangers for posting this here, but I'm in a bad way. There's some nasty kinda funk going on with my eye. I've been to the TMC three times so far and all they've managed to do is fuck it up worse. They don't even know what it is, all they do is looked at my fucked up grill and *think*. I was hoping that I could list what I know of the condition and get a possibility of what it might be given the symptoms, and then research those possibilities myself on webMD or something. Basically, im stuck in my quarters with only one good eye, this thing kickin my ass, and no answers. This is unacceptable. I can't even beat off properly anymore cuz my depth perceptions all jacked up. I started to and then 20 minutes later i realized i was just rubbing the arm rest. I need HELP! If anyone has any ideas, please share them.

ok, so heres whats goin down. my right eye has basically swollen shut, and has pussy, yellowish discharges coming out from it. my entire eye is red, itchy, and irritated. my right lymph node has swollen up quite a bit, as well as along my jawline. my right side of my face is getting more puffy as time wears on. i can feel intense pressure behind my eye, causing frequent headaches and alot of throbbing to piss me off between the headaches. the initial diagnosis was keratoconjunctivitis. i thought, hey, ive only got pink eye, thisll clear up. apparently, they now dont know if its a virus, some allergic reaction (ive never been allergic to a single thing, not one), or a foreign particle. they originally prescribed me polymyxin B Sulfate, an antibacterial drop. and fluorometholone opthalmic as a steroid for the swelling. plus, cold compressions every three hours. well, theyve taken me off the steroids, but added another antibacterial called cephalexin, an oral antibiotic. so two antibiotics, one drop one oral, and the cold compressions. but no diagnosis. i feel like a fuckin water baby.

i know that this might not be appropriate to post, but i dont have a whole lot of other options. tweedle dee and tweedle dum dont seem to have any answers, and im pretty fuckin ignorant of this shit. one thing that my girlfriend pointed out is that it may be eyelid cullulitis or something? shes studying to be a nurse and listed the symptoms. all the symptoms pretty much are on the mark. anyways, if yall have ANY ideas or any possible diagnosis, please pass it my way. im gonna be scrounging medical sites tryin to figure this shit out. i HATE not being able to fight something, let alone even identify it, especially some little fucking virus or whatever the fuck it is thats fuckin my world up. I need help, anyone out there got some?

Dud
"The secret to happiness in life is finding that which you are willing to die for, and begin living for it."
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Dud,

Recognize that fact that I only played 'medic' in the NG :roll: , and I hope that I am not speaking out of turn, however, is it possible that you have an ingrown eyelash or something(dirt) in your eye?

I have seen MD's look for FOD(foreign object deposit) with some kinda special light thingy...

This is serious enough that I would recommend that you go to the ER.(either civilian or Army)

You don't need to be waiting for the PA's(no offense intended) to 'guess' what's wrong with your eye.

Good luck,
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Dud
Tadpole

Post by Dud »

Roger that AngryPistols,
Shits hit the fan in the last couple of hours, I can't see a fucking thing. Still not sure whats going on, havent been able to find any helpful intel on my condition. Headin to the ER, thanks for the info and advice.

Dud
"The secret to happiness in life is finding that which you are willing to die for, and begin living for it."
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Dud,

Get a buddy or your TL to drive if you cannot see and keep me updated.

Your vision is not something to screw around with(but, you knew that already)

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers,

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
merlyn
Tadpole

Re: MEDIC!!!!!!

Post by merlyn »

Dud,

I sent you a PM, in regards to your eye infection. I don't know if
it was of any use to you; but, I certainly hope that your eye has
improved. What you described was a very dangerous situation.
Please shoot something for me, thank you. 8)

Merlyn
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Brook Army Medical Center

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

To give less than your best is to sacrafice the gift.
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

It's clearly ocular syphyllis. Rub some 'Tussin on it and take a Motrin.

Seriously, hope the ER unfucks it most ricky tick. We need you in the fight.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: MEDIC!!!!!!

Post by K.Ingraham »

Five year revival: FAIL! The record still stands.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Medical Issues”