Blood on the Risers

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Blood on the Risers

Post by The Holmchicken »

This is post is really quick. It's about a book I've read about a million times. The title, obviously, is "Blood on the Risers". The author is John Leppelman. The gist of this incredible book is this. A young man (Leppelam) joins the Army at 18 and becomes a Paratrooper eventually assigned to the 173 Airborne Brigade in Vietnam. His first jump after jump school is the 173rd's famous Feb 1967 combat jump (2/503 PIR) into Kontum Province in Support of Operation Junction City 2. He spends a year with the 173rd, get's tired of the horseshit leadership and becomes a River Boat crewman. Does a year doing that, including the Tet Offensive in Hue City and decides he's had enough of the Legs and joins Charlie Company (Airborne), 75th Infantry Regiment (Ranger). Anyway, this book is an absolutely incredible account of three years service in Vietnam with a variety of units. A must read, as the author leaves you with absolutely no doubt on how he feels about anything. A must read.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Freed Y
Tadpole

Post by Freed Y »

Thanks for the recomendation Ranger Holmchicken. I bought that book today and I'm about 50 pages into it. It's a great book so far.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”