Marriage Life in the 75th Ranger Regiment?

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
B-Tang

Marriage Life in the 75th Ranger Regiment?

Post by B-Tang »

I am leaving for RIP this summer and I am engaged. Is it possible to get leave for a wedding and/or honeymoon once I go to one of the Ranger Battalions IF I make it through RIP? Also, if anyone has other information about married life I would love to read.

Thank you.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

i am assuming you are young, if so it will never last.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Go post an intro before you start using the forum.
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: Marriage Life in the 75th Ranger Regiment?

Post by Bugsy »

B-Tang wrote:I am leaving for RIP this summer and I am engaged. Is it possible to get leave for a wedding and/or honeymoon once I go to one of the Ranger Battalions IF I make it through RIP? Also, if anyone has other information about married life I would love to read.

Thank you.
Tell you what, Graduate from RIP first and maybe one of us will answer that question for you. Don't put the cart before the horse youngin :evil:

BTW did I mention my nickname is "jodie" :lol: :twisted:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
B-Tang

Post by B-Tang »

I understand there is a chance I might not make it through, but knowing more on this topic may help influence my decision between the Ranger Regiment or a lesser line unit.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

B-Tang wrote:I understand there is a chance I might not make it through, but knowing more on this topic may help influence my decision between the Ranger Regiment or a lesser line unit.
I've posted lengthy answers to this question before. I know the info is alreaddy here. Use that search button and post an introduction, so we know who we're talking to. Gracias!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

B-Tang wrote:knowing more on this topic may help influence my decision between the Ranger Regiment or a lesser line unit.
It would seem the criteria you are using to make your decision indicate a shifty, if not weak, desire to achieve your goals. You should consider a job in politics.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Imagine you are about to die. Everything is turning black. You see a light at the end of the tunnel. You are drawn to the light, but somehow feel reserved. You think twice about going toward the light, but it is of no use, because something a Hell of a lot stronger than you is sucking you in toward the light. You just can't help it.

For Rangers, the Regiment is the light. It is something that hits you in the gut, and draws you to it. You can't explain it, but you just know that is where you are supposed to go. Bumps in the road and details (like a marriage) are secondary concerns. For most, becoming a Ranger is somthing that came and found them, not the other way around.

Speak to most any Ranger here. To a man, I bet nearly every single one would say that once the Ranger bug bit them, there was no looking back. If you don't feel a similar way now, like it is something that is drawing you in that you just can't resist, save yourself some time and look at another career choice. Not being smart. Seriously. It's either in you, or it ain't, and those that don't have that buring in their gut usually quit pretty quickly.

For Rangers, their job is more important that thier wife. The mission and their Ranger Buddies come first .... wife second. If you can't deal with that, there is always legland.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

I will ban your young and dumb ass off this site if you post again without making an introduction. It's not complicated.

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1837
DO NOT PM ME
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

>>

Post by SkyShark »

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN A "LESSER LINE UNIT"? Are you talking about training. What the FUCK do you mean by that. Soldiers who serve in other units are "lesser".

After your intro come back and explain your self :evil:
It's all good.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Why would we even let him speak.
He can't follow the rules.
He can't make a decision.
He is letting a woman dictate what he does.

Oh hell yea, I want the Battalions filled with in charge men like this! :roll:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

Damn, my feelings are hurt for being in "a lesser line unit".
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
ManchuLeg
Tadpole

Post by ManchuLeg »

B-Tang wrote:I understand there is a chance I might not make it through, but knowing more on this topic may help influence my decision between the Ranger Regiment or a lesser line unit.
I was in one of those "lesser line units" :?
Shit, I wasn't even airborne, I walked everywhere :shock:

But I bet my ruck would've made your pimplyfaced-wannabe-highspeed-ass cry like a 4 year old 15 minutes into a road march, you'd be trying to crawl out of your skin by mile 25. Keep in mind that these "lesser line units" you're considering as an "alternative" have accomplished some pretty impressive feats, and more than likely don't need you. And you certainly haven't earned the right to degrade my service, or anyone's for that matter; all you've shown me is that you're capable of is registering for a website and making yourself look like a complete idiot within two posts... :evil:
4/21 Infantry 92-93
1/9 Infantry 93-95

Keep up the fire!

7th Infantry Division "Light"
Light - Silent - Deadly
Masters of the Night
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Ya know what, Newbie? When a Supply Clerk or a Cook takes a mortar round to his cot, or drives over an IED on his way to the airport to go home on leave, or breaks his neck after falling 30 feet in a training accident, or catches a piece of lead below his Flak vest while doing a security patrol, he is JUST AS DEAD and has GIVEN JUST AS MUCH a an Airborne Ranger, SEAL, Recon, PJ, Delta Force dude who gets an RPG between the eyes! The loss is equal. The sacrifice is exactly the same. The families will morn just as much. Wives and children will have their hearts ripped out the same way. Our country will lose another hero. You have no right at all to suggest that anyone who serves this country is "less" than anything.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”