Orders and Shipping...

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
NewRecruit82
USAF Veteran

Orders and Shipping...

Post by NewRecruit82 »

Hello Rangers and DEPPERS:

I have a recruiter that is somewhat vague when I ask him certain questions. Go figure. :lol: What I need to know is when I go to sign my 11X contract at MEPS how long will it be till I ship. I'm 30 so I shouldn't wait too long, right? I got a 83 on my ASVAB and passed a full medical. I read one DEP got shipped out to Benning in 10 days; that's pretty DAMN FAST!!! The problem is I saw my doctor after MEPS and found out I had minor hernia. No way did I want to go to OSUT with that; too many ifs...So, I just finished getting the surgery taken care of Jan. 4th, so I need at least a little recovery time (1-2 months). So should I just sign the contract and see what happens or wait? I'll prepare for incoming...sorry about the book! Oh, and my recruiter is like: Hernia,no problem, they will take of that in OSUT!
USAF-SP-12th MS/SCOM(93'-97')
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

***MOVED TO RECRUITMENT FORUM***
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

you just had surgery. you have to wait to take the physcal anyway.

tell your recruiter and his boss to let you know how long you must wait before processing.

also, they can't tell you how long you will have because they don't know. you leave when you leave. if you want infantry, and the only opening is leaving in 10 days, guess what? you're leaving in 10 days.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
NewRecruit82
USAF Veteran

Post by NewRecruit82 »

Thanks for the bump Ranger EarthPig. Thanks for the reply SFC Hit_it.

The thing is I already had my physical at MEPS and the DOC passed me. I guess he didn't notice I had Hernia (Yea right!). I think they just wanted to shoot me through processing super fast. I decided however to get it taken care of. I have not told my recruiter yet because I am waiting on a RE code waiver as well. There's no way I want to go through OSUT, BAC, and RIP with Hernia. I enjoy pain, but not that much! Thats my situation. I am in no rush. It will just give me more time to train. RLTW!!!

EDIT: 1/22 I know I cannot get BAC or RIP in writing. I am still going to train as if I did so when I go to OSUT I can volunteer if open slots are offered.
Last edited by NewRecruit82 on January 22nd, 2005, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
USAF-SP-12th MS/SCOM(93'-97')
Shallow Grave
Ranger

Post by Shallow Grave »

NewRecruit82
PM inbound
C Co. 3/75 Ranger Regiment
Nov. 2005-present
Ranger School Class 04-08

Adapt and Overcome. Don't whine, just do it. Don't complain, just do it. Don't put on a suck face and want sympathy. Man the fuck up. - Ranger Disinfertention
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I have not told my recruiter yet because I am waiting on a RE code waiver as well. There's no way I want to go through OSUT, BAC, and RIP with Hernia.
i'm still tripping as to how you think you'll get RIP.....

what was you RE code? not that it will matter in trying to get RIP.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”