Need some help from a current RIP instructor.

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
CAD424
Embryo

Need some help from a current RIP instructor.

Post by CAD424 »

We have a "stud" here who claims to have been to RIP and got sent home due to injury. The problem is that he claims to not have any paper work from the RTB to document this. Is there a current RIP instructor whom I can e-mail with more details about said stud? Thank you, Gentlemen.
It doesn't take a Ranger to know that Rangers lead the way!
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

I'm no RIP instructor, but it seems to me that if he washed out of RIP due to injury he would have been placed on worldwide assignment. He would have had to have been injured pretty fuckin' bad to have been sent home on convalescent (sp?) leave, and if he was, he surely should have the documentation for it.

Obviously, I don't know all the details of the situation, but at face value, my bullshit meter it ticking. What kind of injury did he say he suffered from?
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Spartan

Re: Need some help from a current RIP instructor.

Post by Spartan »

CAD424 wrote:We have a "stud" here who claims to have been to RIP and got sent home due to injury. The problem is that he claims to not have any paper work from the RTB to document this. Is there a current RIP instructor whom I can e-mail with more details about said stud? Thank you, Gentlemen.
You don't need help from a current RIP instructor, you need help from your unit's S1 Shop.

1. RIP is not run by Ranger Training Brigade (RTB), it's run by the RTD (Ranger Training Detachment) of the HQ, 75th Ranger Regiment.

2. He would have orders for his units of assignment marked in his 201 file, assuming he is new to the Army, as:

either Basic and AIT, OSUT, for training.

Airborne School, for training.

75th Ranger Regiment, for training.

Then your unit, for assignment.

If that is not in his records, then he was never assigned to the 75th Ranger Regiment for the purposes of going through the RIP course.
CAD424
Embryo

Post by CAD424 »

I really appreciate the advice, Rangers. The problem is that the Army doesn't use the 201 anymore so I don't have access to his old orders. I'm a personnel NCO and I work with the records, but none of that stuff will be in there. His story just doesn't add up and I'm thinking that if I can get in touch with a RIP instructor maybe he can look up former student records and tell me if he went or not. This kid is an admitted wash out and walks around with a scroll on his backpack. I told him to remove it before he gets his ass whipped. He doesn't want to listen and he's pretty far out there. He needs to be squared away. The airborne cadre were no help in verifying if he even went to the BAC. Sorry to bother you all, I just hate posers. Thank you all for what you are so willing to do for our country.
It doesn't take a Ranger to know that Rangers lead the way!
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

CAD424 wrote:I really appreciate the advice, Rangers. The problem is that the Army doesn't use the 201 anymore so I don't have access to his old orders. I'm a personnel NCO and I work with the records, but none of that stuff will be in there. His story just doesn't add up and I'm thinking that if I can get in touch with a RIP instructor maybe he can look up former student records and tell me if he went or not. This kid is an admitted wash out and walks around with a scroll on his backpack. I told him to remove it before he gets his ass whipped. He doesn't want to listen and he's pretty far out there. He needs to be squared away. The airborne cadre were no help in verifying if he even went to the BAC. Sorry to bother you all, I just hate posers. Thank you all for what you are so willing to do for our country.
He has a scroll on HIS BACKPACK and doesn't want to take it off ehhh?
He's full of shit and I sure as hell wished I saw that mud-duck, slug walkin cum breath, asswipe, walkin around with it on. :evil:

The Army doesn't use a 201 File anymore? Certainly there is some type of document or personnel file that allows for a S-1 person to track his unit assignments.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

A scroll on his BACKPACK, like that thing you carry books in????A civilian backback???
Hate to pop your bubbles dudes, but unless he is wearing it on a uniform, he's still an American and he probably keeps it there as a reminder of what he wanted but could not have. Since he admitted flunking and isnt claiming any right, title or anything else of a Ranger...whats the problem?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Abell9 wrote:A scroll on his BACKPACK, like that thing you carry books in????A civilian backback???
Hate to pop your bubbles dudes, but unless he is wearing it on a uniform, he's still an American and he probably keeps it there as a reminder of what he wanted but could not have. Since he admitted flunking and isnt claiming any right, title or anything else of a Ranger...whats the problem?
My thoughts exactly.

I'll tell you what though. Rip flunkies are pretty fucking easy to motivate to be good soldiers. At this point he's probably feeling pretty fucking low. I don't know what this guy's job supposed to be or if you are in charge of him, but now you are stuck with him.

Do your job and and make the most of the situation. Teach/motivate him. Hopefully he grasped something from RIP and may very well be an asset to you guys.

From various discussions on various military boards, even people DX'd from Regt. for being a "douchebag" go on to be an asset to their new unit.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Abell9 wrote:A scroll on his BACKPACK, like that thing you carry books in????A civilian backback???
I take it as the same as wearing a scroll t-shirt, scroll sweatpants, scroll sticker on his rig, etc. It gives the impression that he served in the unit, the only time it doesn't bother me is when I see a young man wearin it because his dad served or his brother (which I have ran into).
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Bugsy wrote:
I take it as the same as wearing a scroll t-shirt, scroll sweatpants, scroll sticker on his rig, etc. It gives the impression that he served in the unit, the only time it doesn't bother me is when I see a young man wearin it because his dad served or his brother (which I have ran into).
Yea, Ok...what if he just worships Rangers or his brother was one or his Uncle or as you said....Father. I wear a Hariis County Sherrif's Tee shirt. I double fucking dare one of them to tell I cant wear it. And the scroll on the "Civilian Back pack", if he bought the scroll, if he brought the backpack, and he lives in this country and was honest enough to admit he failed at RIP>... I have only one thing to say...have a good career, son, thanks for trying.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Amen - It's like a 'drive-on scroll', if anything.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Abell9 wrote: I wear a Hariis County Sherrif's Tee shirt. I double fucking dare one of them to tell I cant wear it.
Geez, Brother...don't ya think you could score one of those for me? After all, that's my old Alma Mater. :lol:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

EarthPig wrote:
Abell9 wrote: I wear a Hariis County Sherrif's Tee shirt. I double fucking dare one of them to tell I cant wear it.
Geez, Brother...don't ya think you could score one of those for me? After all, that's my old Alma Mater. :lol:
RLTW
EP

Thats why I wear it it, dude...pure hero worship!
RS Class # 7-76

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Fish wrote:Pretty good point Pastor. I can accept that as long as ot is not a pack he uses for work.

Every once in awhile Ill come out with something legitimate....
RS Class # 7-76

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”