Got the itch

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Kat1/75
Ranger

Got the itch

Post by Kat1/75 »

Been surfing this site for almost a year now. I served in ACO 1/75 Weapons Plt. Mortars from 12/93 to 3/98. Ranger class 1-96. Got out because of the ex-wife. I live in Denver, Colorado and have been a Denver cop for the past four years. Lately I have had the serious itch of going back in. Trying to find out about SF reserves (10th group) out here in Ft. Carson. If anybody has any input about the reserve thing let me know. Another question for any old timers who are going back in to batallion. Do you have to go through basic, airborne and rip again and is it guaranteed you get back to batallion? Great site and am honored to be a guest.
ACO 1/75 WPNS. PLT.
12/93-3/98
Class 1/96
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome aboard Tony. Any Ranger who signs up for this site is NOT considered a guest and if you want shit done here, just let myself or anyone who is a moderator know. It is the non-Rangers who are the guests.

I do know of someone who was out for 7 years and went back in at the same rank as he had when he left. He went straight into ROP when returning and also did the Abn Refresher. Of course, he happened to have a Silver Star and worked the system pretty good before going in.

Welcome aboard.
rbarger
Ranger

Post by rbarger »

I know some guys in SF reserve 20th Group and they have been deployed alot since 9/11. If that is what you are looking for that is what I would do. You probably have a chance at maintaining some rank. As Ranger Plavney stated, you will lose a shitload of rank going back active duty and they do not like to cooperate with getting you a job.
B. Co. 3/75 88-92
RIP Det. 75th Regt. 92-93
C. Co. 3/75 93-95
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Tony-

Welcome to the board. I'm sure you'll find old and new friends here. Hooah!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Introduction Archive”