Difference Between RIP And Pre-Ranger?

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
kduhg

Difference Between RIP And Pre-Ranger?

Post by kduhg »

I've been hearing about a Pre-Ranger lately and I need some clarification about it. Is Pre-Ranger the same as RIP or is it a course taken before Ranger School? Thanks.
Spartan

Pre-Ranger

Post by Spartan »

The Pre-Ranger Course, as discussed, is the one offered by the 75th Ranger Regiment. It is typically a two to three week course, designed to go over some of the basics that are also covered at Ranger School. Mainly the operations order and patrolling. Of course, most Rangers should know or at least be very familiar with the subject matter. I suspect perhaps it benefits the non-11 series MOS folks more, but that may not be entirely true.

Other units, such as division size units like the 82nd, 101st and 25th ID typically receive quite a few Ranger School slots and may have thier own Pre-Ranger courses.
oldglory

Post by oldglory »

Every Post has a pre- Ranger running at some time of the year. These Pre-Ranger courses are somtimes called RIP ( although it is NOT RIP)

Legs go to these Pre-rangers and they dont neccesarily go to Ranger school upon graduation.

They are considerably shorter and easier than the official 75th RR Pre-ranger which is exclusivly for 75th ( and some airforce and SF) and is located in FT.benning Right at the compound. ( at least thats where it works out of.) it is about 3 weeks, they make sure your in shape and introduce you to the small unit tactics ala right out of the ranger handbook. Passing this and you go right to the next ranger school class down the road.

Return to “About RASP”