Here I go

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
cclark
Egg

Here I go

Post by cclark »

I introduced myself on January 3, but I have not posted since, so I wanted to let everyone know my intentions. I know I want to enlist with an Option 40, and want nothing more than to be a Ranger. I've been reading my ass off and researching and reading some more for months now, but I am still very early in the recruitment process. I have not been to a recruiter yet due to the fact that my parents are going apeshit over my decision. Well, screw that. I love them with all my heart, but I have to take control of my own life sometime, so why the hell not now. My father is more supportive than my mother, but I know in due time she'll come around.

I take the first step this week when I talk to that recruiter. I'll do my best to keep you all updated on my progress, and thanks again for this outstanding site.

-Colin
Soakin' up knowledge.
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Don't worry about your parents...they will worry, and have a right to worry, but in the end it's your decision.

Good luck to you, and let the Recruiter know what you want. Don't let them show you anything else. Remeber, be firm and polite, and you'll get what you'll want, eventually. Good luck, bro.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the site.

If you've been reading and absorbing then read and absorb this. Don't sign anything unless it's exactly what you want. Don't do it. Be polite, be firm, be courteous and say no thank you. Get up and walk out.

It's your life. Don't sign 4 years of it off doing something you hate.

Good luck.

RLTW
Bell
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Here I go

Post by Silverback »

cclark wrote:My father is more supportive than my mother, but I know in due time she'll come around.
-Colin
Your mother's reaction is incredibly normal, but it should also serve as motivation for you to get exactly what you want. don't let the fucking schyster you go to see talk you out of shit. If he can't produce an Option40 do not settle for anything else. Kindly excuse yourself from the situation and find a schyster that will get you what you want!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “Recruitment Process”