Home for Christmas (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Gravity Man
Ranger

Home for Christmas (RANGER)

Post by Gravity Man »

Since I last wrote Ranger EarthPig, a lot has transpired. Our company received our mid-cycle pass for 36 hours, then it was back to the field for a week.

We've been working on IMT, Squad movements, breaking contact, battle drill 1A, etc for the past 2 weeks. It's been a lot of good training but I feel that it could be more in depth and repeated more. IMO, Basic Training/AIT really is that....really, really basic.

Also, our 2 biggest training events got cancelled. Eagle Tower due to the weather and MOUT altogether because a bunch of reservists heading to Iraq took over the MOUT site. Just as we arrived at 0600 from a 10 miler, and ate chow, they drove in and kicked our company off range. So yeah, no MOUT in OSUT. :evil:

During personal time the other night, I was able to sneak over to Ray80's company area and link up with him. He's a really motivated, tough little bastard. It was good to put a face with a name from ArmyRanger.com. We'll most likely see each other again in Airborne school.

Well, I'm home till the 3rd. If any DEPs have any OSUT questions (that aren't retarded) which aren't FTX related, shoot me a PM. :D
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Hey whats up, I got your letter, but didnt bother writing back because I knew I would be able to contact you on here a few days later. That sucks you didnt get to do MOUT, you actually missed a good little bit of the basics, but dont worry youll get squared away at your unit, or you can get a Ranger Handbook and it has pretty much what we did in it. FTX is fun and easy dont belive the hype, just watch out some people were pissin out of their ass from MRE's it was funny as fuck to see someone eat one for breakfeast then like 2 minutes later they run literally RUN in the woods with an E-tool!!
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Congratulations to you guys. I can't put into words how proud I am of all you youngsters that are shouldering arms to defend this Nation. You have joined a long line of patriots, men who have answered the call to duty and whose exploits are recorded in history.

Have a safe and Merry Christmas with your families, stay focused on your training, and never quit.

Now do some pushups! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm looking forward to the day when I can address you all as Rangers.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Good job, G-Man. You're a soldier now! I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas season. When you return to Benning, you'll have a bit of fun to look forward to, before the storm. Jump School will be enjoyable......then, you'll have RIP. Be safe.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

The training you have gone through G-man is what the basic soldier in the army gets. It gets more involved as you progress up the ladder and finally into RIP. Many Ranger's have said that once you get to Battalion, then everything gets hard. But you will learn everything. Enjoy the holidays, enjoy your family. :lol:
Last edited by Steadfast on December 19th, 2004, 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bell

Post by Bell »

Thank you for the SITREP. I truly enjoy the hell out of these. You guys are doing good.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Letters from School”