UPDATE: Life is good!

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Evolution
Embryo

UPDATE: Life is good!

Post by Evolution »

Rangers and SFC Hit_It,

I finally got my DEP separation from the USMC. All it took was skipping out of the circle the SSgts and Gunny's were making me go through and writing a letter to a Major.

Now, the ARMY recruiter is saying there are no Opt. 40 slots and he's trying to pull the strings to get me one... Feel like I'm being fed a line a shit, because I told him that's the only way I'm joining.

Regards,

Matt
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: UPDATE: Life is good!

Post by Earthpig »

Evolution wrote:Rangers and SFC Hit_It,

I finally got my DEP separation from the USMC. All it took was skipping out of the circle the SSgts and Gunny's were making me go through and writing a letter to a Major.

Now, the ARMY recruiter is saying there are no Opt. 40 slots and he's trying to pull the strings to get me one... Feel like I'm being fed a line a shit, because I told him that's the only way I'm joining.

Regards,

Matt
Just because there isn't one today, doesn't mean there won't be one tomorrow. Don't take anything less than what you want. I would assume that certain times of the month would be better than others for securing Opt 40's, like the very end of the month. Check with SFC Hit_It to be sure, though. Good luck!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Evolution
Embryo

Post by Evolution »

Ranger EP, I made sure the recruiter knew that I am getting an Option 40 or nothing.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I would assume that certain times of the month would be better than others for securing Opt 40's, like the very end of the month.
funny you mention that Ranger EP. today started the first day of the 2nd Quarter. Quite a few people joined last night, all the way up to midnight.

I can only imagine how many OPT 40's went out. We put one in last friday.

get with your recruiter and get ready for MEPS, Evolution. you should be okay next week.

good luck.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Hey SFC Hit_it.I think what you do on this board is fucking outstanding.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
RGR_Dan
Ranger

ditto

Post by RGR_Dan »

I wish you were there for me. I just went down to mepps, crossed my arms and said you drove me down here now get me the job! Those guys jumped through all kinda hoops :lol:
Wanna know what hooked me?
They had these big DVD looking things that had Ranger stuff on them. And I saw the best Ranger Competition in sports illustrated
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I actually think this is the next best method, 1SG.

A lot of people think the guy doesn't come around to Airborne classes but he does. And he's coming a lot more now due to the requirement for more Rangers.

if there is just no way an OPT 40 can be made available, don't leave MEPS without Airborne.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Re: UPDATE: Life is good!

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Evolution wrote:Rangers and SFC Hit_It,

Regards,

Matt
Come home epmty handed if you have to. I did. Patience is a virtue...they told me to just go 11x then volunteer for Airborne then volunteer for RIP. I simply said, "No Thank you, I'll come back when an Opt. 40 is available, thank you for your time." Well they made me wait outside for 7 more hours trying to get me a Opt 40. It ended up being a no-go. My recruiter said he would check every few days to see if the a slot would open up, and sure enough one did, about a month and a half later. Just keep up what your doing. And make sure you let them know up at MEPS that you wont sign without an Opt 40. Be firm yet polite and you'll get what you want, eventually.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12

Return to “Recruitment Process”