General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Vee
Ranger

I found this important enough to post in 3 places

Post by Vee »

I really don't want anyone to miss it.

Pardon my Beadlebugesque rantings......

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T THE MEDIA SUPPORT OUR TROOPS TODAY LIKE THEY DID WAY BACK WHEN.

THEY MADE THESE GUYS SOUND LIKE FUCKING SUPERHEROES.....NOW ALL THEY DO IS TREAT US LIKE CRIMINALS!!!! :evil:

Please accept my apologies....my image editing skills are usually much better than this, but I am at my Uncles house and at the mercy of Microsoft Paint.

I found this article in a local Michigan paper while researching my family tree. It is dated February 2, 1945. It was split into several columns across several pages of the paper, I have done my best to piece it together and make it readable.

I tried reading it aloud to my Uncle.....but I got choked up. Stories like this are what made me want to become a Ranger.

I cannot describe how I felt to read a "real-time" account of something that is such a prominent story within Ranger History.

Here it is:

Over 400 enemy dead. 1 Ranger lost, 2 wounded. Over 500 prisoners rescued.

All in 15 minutes.

Rangers have always led the fucking way.
RSD 96-99
IRONS
Ranger

Post by IRONS »

Big fucking Roger on that one!
3/75 ACO "GLORY BOYS" 99-02
mipuke
Tadpole

Post by mipuke »

Thank you for sharing this story with us Ranger Vee.

Vanguard
"NO FATE" T2
Bevo It's Whats for dinner!!!!

Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

Vee it's all in the book Ghost Soldiers, I believe written by Prince one of the PL's or Co's. Good b ook.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Tool175 wrote:Vee it's all in the book Ghost Soldiers, I believe written by Prince one of the PL's or Co's. Good b ook.

I'm definitely gonna check it out.

I was just amazed that I found this article actually scanned into someone's website.

Who has newspapers from 1945 laying around their house?

It was EXTREMELY cool for me to read an account that wasn't written by some history buff. This was written as current events.
RSD 96-99

Return to “The Mosh Pit”