Ranger check

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Parker
Embryo

Ranger check

Post by Parker »

I wasnt sure if this was the right forum, looked like the closest to my topic, sry if it is wrong forum. I was wondering if there was a a database of all rangers or something like it, because there is someone i know whos father claims to have been in an Airborne Ranger. I asked him about his experience, (for instance, what battalion) he told me that there were not one specific Ranger Regiment, when asked about the 75th, he changed subject to Officer Candidate School. I asked him about the training, and he said Ranger School was easy, esp compaired to OCS. He said that at RS, you have the weekends off and that you have a nice sleep perioud. The reason i doubted him in the first place was because he does not show Ranger like qualities, for instance, he is very mean to his wife and kid, sits around and watches TV, has a bear belly, and is just an all-around mean guy. If there is such a thing, it would be great if you could point me in the direction of it. Thank you!

btw, id be glad to pm his name to anyone that needs it.

parker
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: Ranger check

Post by Bugsy »

Parker wrote:I wasnt sure if this was the right forum, looked like the closest to my topic, sry if it is wrong forum. I was wondering if there was a a database of all rangers or something like it, because there is someone i know whos father claims to have been in an Airborne Ranger. I asked him about his experience, (for instance, what battalion) he told me that there were not one specific Ranger Regiment, when asked about the 75th, he changed subject to Officer Candidate School. I asked him about the training, and he said Ranger School was easy, esp compaired to OCS. He said that at RS, you have the weekends off and that you have a nice sleep perioud. The reason i doubted him in the first place was because he does not show Ranger like qualities, for instance, he is very mean to his wife and kid, sits around and watches TV, has a bear belly, and is just an all-around mean guy. If there is such a thing, it would be great if you could point me in the direction of it. Thank you!

parker
No need to Parker, he's full of shit. There are no "weekends off" there is no such thing as "a nice sleep period in RS" if there is its only because you're no longer "IN" Ranger School. OCS compaired to Ranger School, I won't even dignify that with an answer. He's a poser no doubt about it. And you want to make sure of it ask him what is the last or first stanza of the Ranger Creed, or where did he ever eat any blueberry pancakes if so where? He won't know any of these answers that's for damn sure.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Bell

Post by Bell »

PM that name to me.

Get some dates. You sure he was an officer?

There is no database.

RLTW
Bell
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Better yet, get his name AND e-mail address. Ill send him an e-mail and tell him we want to verify him. Infucking fact, Id call the fat fuck and do it.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: Ranger check

Post by BadMuther »

Parker wrote:I wasnt sure if this was the right forum, looked like the closest to my topic, sry if it is wrong forum. I was wondering if there was a a database of all rangers or something like it, because there is someone i know whos father claims to have been in an Airborne Ranger. I asked him about his experience, (for instance, what battalion) he told me that there were not one specific Ranger Regiment, when asked about the 75th, he changed subject to Officer Candidate School. I asked him about the training, and he said Ranger School was easy, esp compaired to OCS. He said that at RS, you have the weekends off and that you have a nice sleep perioud. The reason i doubted him in the first place was because he does not show Ranger like qualities, for instance, he is very mean to his wife and kid, sits around and watches TV, has a bear belly, and is just an all-around mean guy. If there is such a thing, it would be great if you could point me in the direction of it. Thank you!

parker

What's a "bear belly"?

Is it possible that he wasa saying that OCS was easy compared to Ranger School?
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Sounds to me like th guy is 100% legit!

NOT
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Either that or since he is such a prick, he likes to fuck with people. ONe of those people would be you. Weekends off in RS? Are you sure he wasn't a Seal or something like that...?
CrashKILL
Ranger

Post by CrashKILL »

Sounds legit to me. What's the big problem?
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

2/75 99-03
Class 8-00
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

CrashKILL wrote:Sounds legit to me. What's the big problem?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

David Hackworth had his interns at Time Magazine research the web for pages of individuals or web posts etc. of people claiming to have served as US Army Rangers. They came up with something like 175,000 hits. Obviously, about 95% of those claiming to have been Rangers are frauds.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

"There is no database."

After Saving Private Ryan came out, with its dominant characters being Rangers and paratroopers of the 101st Airborne Division, as well as Band of Brothers, and since the same units have figured so predominantly in the War on Terror, we started getting a lot of e-mail from people checking on people claiming service with the 101st Airborne Division Ranger Company in Vietnam (L Company). Our unit at least, does have a database thanks to a lot of hard work by Randy White, our unit coordinator. If anyone ever has occasion to reference it, you'll find it here:

http://www.lcompanyranger.com/orderly%2 ... roster.htm
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
panzer275
Ranger

no data base

Post by panzer275 »

Yeah that is right there is no data base but you can look up any Ranger school class photo on the the official Ranger school site.
"the dude abides"

Class 03/03 (First Easy Class)
1st Plt Bco 2/75 The Mighty Sea Bass
10/SEP/01-17/JAN/05
95th (IT) 1/414 USAR E Co
18/JAN/05-Forever
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

hobbit wrote:David Hackworth had his interns at Time Magazine research the web for pages of individuals or web posts etc. of people claiming to have served as US Army Rangers. They came up with something like 175,000 hits. Obviously, about 95% of those claiming to have been Rangers are frauds.
Including Hackworth.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

The reason i doubted him in the first place was because he does not show Ranger like qualities, for instance, he is very mean to his wife and kid, sits around and watches TV, has a bear belly, and is just an all-around mean guy.

So far, he sounds like my old SL.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”