Another prior service question

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
SanAnton
USAF Veteran

Another prior service question

Post by SanAnton »

This past year I separated from the Air Force (served 4 as medic). My plan was to get commissioned as a pararescuman ("Combat Rescue Officer"...for officers); however, lately I've been seriously thinking about taking my shot at the army and maybe ranger school. I've seen a lot of talk in the forum about prior service enlistees not being able to get an opt. 40 on their way back in.
Hw does this apply (if it applies at all) to those seeking a commission as a ranger?
Thanks
csforstall
Tadpole

Post by csforstall »

Welcome Please check your PMs.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Another prior service question

Post by Steadfast »

SanAnton wrote:This past year I separated from the Air Force (served 4 as medic). My plan was to get commissioned as a pararescuman ("Combat Rescue Officer"...for officers); however, lately I've been seriously thinking about taking my shot at the army and maybe ranger school. I've seen a lot of talk in the forum about prior service enlistees not being able to get an opt. 40 on their way back in.
Hw does this apply (if it applies at all) to those seeking a commission as a ranger?
Thanks
Hi SanAnton. As is customary on this site, an introduction post is a pre-requisit on this site before posting. Please make an intro before you post again. Go to the the Ranger, Veteran's Introduction Forum and tell us something about SanAnton.

P.S. No Ranger on this site wants to see the word Ranger used in lower case 'r'.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

DO NOT PM ME

Return to “Recruitment Process”