You know RIP makes you tough when...

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Your son survive's a RI ...and make's it through RIP..and during you graduation ceremony his "mother"(tongue in cheek) proceeds to pin his Ranger Scroll to his arm!!!
It was so damn cold during the ceremony I couldn't feel my fingers and accidentaly pinned his badge to his arm...During the 2/3 minutes it took me to proudly achieve that task( tough getting through the muscle) he neither flinched, changed his facial expression nor said a word!!!...Only after he was dismissed did he very nicely ask me to "now remove the FUCKING PIN"..Yikes such language!!!
When I asked him "why he didn't say anything sooner"..he pointed out the group that had set-up everything for the graduation ceremony...and said "he could have still have been one of them"... "They"were the ones that did not make it through RIP...SO REMEMBER, It's not over untill the fat lady sings..or Ranger H8 Train sings, or for that matter, your "mother" sings...Need any help Ranger H8 Train?..I think you and I could make a good team..LOL..His next graduation is RS Dec. 17th (fingers crossed)..Think i'll let his Dad pin on his tab!!!!
Last edited by blueskiesalways on January 24th, 2005, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Ranger Mom, "as gently as possible" we Rangers don't like our Scroll being compared to a Boy Scout Badge. You pinned on his Scroll. Your son would probably make you do pushups for calling his Scroll a badge. Just some info to keep you out of trouble with your son.

Ranger2
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

DUH!!!!

DUH!!!!....I Apologise sincerley!!!..and thanks for the info...sure glad i'm just a ignorant "mother"....i've seen the ass chewing's ya' all give out on here..LOL...Again sry...and I appreciate the gentle nudge. I know you all are proud and deserving of your Ranger Scroll....I know everyone here is proud, and grateful for all of you as well !!! :oops:
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

No RANGER FO, He did not go straight to RS. After RIP he was assigned to 1/75th. He was then deployed to the ME. He entered RS approx 2months after he returned home.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

When did he go through RIP.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Ranger H8 Train...My son graduated RIP 11-03
soldier21

Post by soldier21 »

Ouch sound like that hurt a bit.. I know going under the barbed wire on and opsticle course I have a fake weapon and it head the bridge of my nose and split me clean open .. fun and mud and blood !!
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

nope he got banned earlier
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Silverback
Ranger

Re: You know RIP makes you tough when...

Post by Silverback »

blueskiesalways wrote:You know RIP makes you tough when...

Your son survive's a RI like Ranger H8 Train...and make's it through RIP..and during you graduation ceremony his "mother"(tongue in cheek) proceeds to pin his Ranger badge to his arm!!!
It was so damn cold during the ceremony I couldn't feel my fingers and accidentaly pinned his badge to his arm...During the 2/3 minutes it took me to proudly achieve that task( tough getting through the muscle) he neither flinched, changed his facial expression nor said a word!!!...Only after he was dismissed did he very nicely ask me to "now remove the FUCKING PIN"..Yikes such language!!!
When I asked him "why he didn't say anything sooner"..he pointed out the group that had set-up everything for the graduation ceremony...and said "he could have still have been one of them"... "They"were the ones that did not make it through RIP...SO REMEMBER, It's not over untill the fat lady sings..or Ranger H8 Train sings, or for that matter, your "mother" sings...Need any help Ranger H8 Train?..I think you and I could make a good team..LOL..His next graduation is RS Dec. 17th (fingers crossed)..Think i'll let his Dad pin on his tab!!!!
He's got a badge I wish I had?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

yep..truly sorry about that "badge" thing...!!!! :oops:
panzer275
Ranger

Earth to mamma

Post by panzer275 »

Hey your son joined the army. He hangs with with Americas finest soldiers. Who also happen to be lushes. perverts and currently alot of killers.
"the dude abides"

Class 03/03 (First Easy Class)
1st Plt Bco 2/75 The Mighty Sea Bass
10/SEP/01-17/JAN/05
95th (IT) 1/414 USAR E Co
18/JAN/05-Forever
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Deadly, lethal, dangerous and stone cold killers. Oh yeah :twisted:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “About RASP”