deployment before Ranger School

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

it is not elective. you go where your unit needs you to go.

did you post an intro, sir?
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

Wazzle, congratulations on your son....but, we really would prefer it if you would read the FAQ's and post an introduction.

Then, after we realize that you are new to the site...and have questions....you will be flooded with answers.

And no, your son has absolutely no control over his life anymore. It will be decided for him when he will deploy, and when he will go to Ranger School. Most likely he will not go to Ranger School until his leaders feel that he has the balls and endurance to make it. He will deploy first. They will not let him make a decision about his life for at least the first year....other than whether he wants to be motivated or not.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Wazzle-

We just had a couple members of this site who graduated Ranger School recently. Between the two of them, they already had something like 5 combat deployments already (it may have been more) by the time they went to RS. With the current global setting, it's fairly safe to say that your son will be deployed before attending RS.

Does this mean he won't be prepared? Absolutely not. The skills he will be tested on in RS are the same skills he will be practicing daily at his Ranger Battalion. Be assured, Sir, he is in good hands. When he does get deployed, he will be surrounded by the very best. I know you wouldn't want it any other way. :wink:

Thank you for your family's service to our Nation.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Ditto, to all of the above.

Rangers are soldiers. They fight first, go to schools when they can. In a Ranger Battalion it's all about the mission. And the mission is conducting military operations in support of the policies and beliefs of the United States of America.

Hey, that's what they told me to say. They still tell you guys that?

Your son will fight first and go to school when he gets the chance and his superiors think he's ready.

RLTW
Bell
proud dad
Tadpole

Post by proud dad »

I remember thinking that my son would have a lot of training and such to do before he would deploy when he first entered the 3rd Battalion. Three weeks after entering Battalion he earned his combat scroll and his first arcom. It seems to be rather fast paced in the Rangers.
"Dad, these guys don't hate Americans anymore."

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”