I finally got my orders out of KOREA!!

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
hayn808
Soldier

I finally got my orders out of KOREA!!

Post by hayn808 »

I have my new school dates. I fly out on Dec 9th. BAC 21 JAN-11FEB, then my report date to 75th Ranger Regiment HQ is on 14 FEB, after that I go to 11B AIT 25 FEB- 26 April, and after all of that I go through ROP 2 MAY- 3rd June. My first report date to the 75th was on 30 June, but they changed it, so I will be assigned to the Regiment after jump school. Does anyone think they will inprocess me during the two week break after BAC while I am waiting to go back to AIT or after all of my training? If they wait till I finish ROP, then what will I do during those 2 weeks in between school dates? Well I am almost out of here, I'm ready to meet the challenge and to do something bigger and better.
was 63B20H8. now 11B2P.stationed with A co 2-12 CAV/IN, 4-1 BCT, Ft. Bliss TX 68th ENG Co.99-04 Ft. Hood,TX,went to Iraq feb03-may03 61st maint co. Dec 03-Dec 04 Camp Kyle, Korea
Dublo
Ranger

Re: I finally got my orders out of KOREA!!

Post by Dublo »

hayn808 wrote:I have my new school dates. I fly out on Dec 9th. BAC 21 JAN-11FEB, then my report date to 75th Ranger Regiment HQ is on 14 FEB, after that I go to 11B AIT 25 FEB- 26 April, and after all of that I go through ROP 2 MAY- 3rd June. My first report date to the 75th was on 30 June, but they changed it, so I will be assigned to the Regiment after jump school. Does anyone think they will inprocess me during the two week break after BAC while I am waiting to go back to AIT or after all of my training? If they wait till I finish ROP, then what will I do during those 2 weeks in between school dates? Well I am almost out of here, I'm ready to meet the challenge and to do something bigger and better.
Hayn...most likely they will make you an attachment of some sort. They will not inprocess shit until you are a Ranger....passed ROP. It seems a little confusing as to why they would have you report to the 75th before you actually go through MOS training.

I would say most likely, after you finish BAC, they will go ahead and ship your ass to the MOS barracks....and you will be on hold until the next class starts....at least, you had better hope this is what happens. Not to be a dick...but if you are a leg, hanging around inside of the fences......you aren't going to be looked upon too highly.

When you actually report for ROP, they will give you some lead way, and you will have an NCO room within the RIP/ROP barracks. Trust me, you don't want to be hanging around the Regiment, unless you are actually attending something.

Wait just a damn minute here.....you still have to go to Ranger school.

There was an E-6 that didn't have a tab, that went through my Pre-Ranger class. I think that he had just finished ROP, and then they immediately stuck him in the next Pre-Ranger class. He was a 13F, and washed out in Ranger school.

After he washed out of Ranger School, they went ahead and sent him up to Lewis....and he was a bitch boy.....RFS'er until the big Army could find a place for him. Life definitely sucked for that dude. He spent almost everyday until they found a place for him riding the lawnmower. Hahahahahahaha. He couldn't wear the beret....just a soft-cap.

Once again, trust me....you don't want to be anywhere near the Regiment until you have a class there. I would call the Ranger Liason and find out exactly what the course of action is going to be.

You have one hell of a rough road ahead of you.....and I will go ahead and be the asshole who tells you that it doesn't look too good for ya. You have never held the MOS, which you will be evaluated in as to whether or not they are going hire you.

Should you make it through ROP, Pre-Ranger, Ranger School.....and to Battalion.....the guys in the platoon you are going to be assigned to.....are going to eat you for fucking lunch. The place you are wishing to go is VERY unforgiving, and to be honest with you.....Imports are looked at as the world's biggest pieces of shit......you will have to prove your worth....with the skills that you already possess......but.....then again...you have never been an infantryman.

I am not saying all of this to try and piss you off, nor am I making fun of you.....just giving you the straight shit. Like I said, you have a long road ahead of you man.

Best of luck to you.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

You'll probably spend three 90 minute periods a day somewhere, signing people into the chowhall for their meals during all the time between training. Or supervising enlisted soldiers who are holdovers in some form of menial labor.
hayn808
Soldier

Post by hayn808 »

i did not expect it to be easy. I was just concerned about why they would assign me to the regiment before i finish ROP or why right after jump school. I know it is going to be a challenge and its one i want to take. I know i can do it and I will give it my best.
was 63B20H8. now 11B2P.stationed with A co 2-12 CAV/IN, 4-1 BCT, Ft. Bliss TX 68th ENG Co.99-04 Ft. Hood,TX,went to Iraq feb03-may03 61st maint co. Dec 03-Dec 04 Camp Kyle, Korea
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

Good luck Soldier Hayne.
A co 3/75 '07-'10
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Great motivational speech Dublo!

Hayn, you are going to hate it at first, but just don't be like 99% of the other fags that show up with inflated lats and puffed out chests and then quit. Just suck it up and pay attention and move up to something that none of the people you have ever worked with can imagine. And for gods sake, do not smoke anyone. It would be the ugliest day of your life. Welcome to being a private all over again.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”