Introduction

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

RyanH
Egg

Introduction

Post by RyanH »

Hello, I'm Ryan, a 17 year old senior in high school and first I'd like to say I have the upmost respect for all of the rangers on this website as well as those who have served. I'm quite proficient athletically and am currently doing lots of weight training for lacrosse. I do the only workouts you really need such as deadlifts, power cleans, squats, etc. I am in decent calisthenic shape as well and weigh 170 pounds at 5'11. I'm not here for fitness advice as there are plenty of forums on this website as well as other resources that thoroughly address getting into the best shape possible In preparation for RASP. I plan on weighing 180-185 pounds in the next 3 months. I will conduct a full pt test for this forum eventually but right now in my current training cycle I don't feel it necessary. I plan on focusing heavily on ranger fitness once I reach my desired weight. My dream since I was a freshman has been to be an Army Ranger and I am 200% willing to do what it takes to prepare mentally and physically to achieve my goal. My parents to not want me to enlist right out of high school but they would allow it, they want me to do two years of college first. I plan on earning a college degree at some point but I was wondering if I could get some of your input on which path I should take and I know this question is too commonly asked but your input would be greatly appreciated. If you are still reading this excessively long introduction I thank you very much and again thank you to all those who have served you're an inspiration to me and To do what you do would be the greatest honor of my life.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Ryan. Read the FAQ ands use the search feature located on the Quick Links. Most of the questions you might have can be answered using these features. Please self-administer a PT test within the next 72 hours and post your results on this thread. Read the letters from school thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Ryan.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
RyanH
Egg

Post by RyanH »

Thanks Ranger Jim and Ranger Charlie! I've had the flu and will post pt test as soon as I am well.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

RyanH wrote: September 21st, 2017, 6:59 am Thanks Ranger Jim and Ranger Charlie! I've had the flu and will post pt test as soon as I am well.
Ryan, do not get off on the wrong foot by screwing up Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV's name.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”