Introduction - Hunter

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Hunter1904
Egg

Introduction - Hunter

Post by Hunter1904 »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Hunter, I am 21 years old, hold a GED and am currently an Americorps member on a Washington state trail and disaster response crew. I was previously a wildland firefighter on a type 2 IA handcrew for a private contractor out of Montana.

I have not yet enlisted nor am I currently in the DEP. I am working with a recruiter who I believe to be truly working hard to help me obtain the contract of my choice, 13f option 40. I took the CAT-ASVAB at my recruiters office and scored a 75 with a GT score of 116. I have not yet taken a self administered PT test but will do so as soon as I return from my wilderness survival training next week.

I look forward to being​ a member of this site and to the wealth of knowledge I can receive from all the Rangers here. If I need to update anything or give more information let me know and it will be done.

Thank you,

Hunter
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Hunter

Post by Jim »

Welcome Hunter, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you're at the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top left of this page in the quick links. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. I see you have not completed a PT Test; but we look forward to seeing the results. Check with your recruiter, I am not sure you can enlist for Option 40 with a GED. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Hunter1904
Egg

Post by Hunter1904 »

Ranger Jim,

I was unsure as well if I could obtain a option 40 with my GED as well. I sat with my recruiter for about 2 hours last week while he and his Commander (I apologise if this is the incorrect term, he was the lead recruiter for the office) looked through the regulations, called ROC and confirmed that as of April this year GED holders are indeed eligible for option 40 and 18x contracts. 15E and 19Y, both with option 40 we're immediately available but I declined.

Hunter
Hunter1904
Egg

Post by Hunter1904 »

Rangers,

I have wanted to join the military for as long as I can remember. My family has a long history of service from Vietnam to the current war on terror. My cousin was a Ranger during the time of Panama and the first Iraq War. Perhaps some of you know him. I was born in Minnesota and moved to San Diego as a child and was blessed to grow up around many motivated military men and women.

I played football​ for 10 years a kid and have always been active in the outdoors. I worked in the mortgage business from 15 to 20 years old and made the decision at 20 years old to change my life and move to Montana. There I became a Wildland firefighter and found a true passion for the outdoors and service to my community and country, albeit not in the same way you all have served this great country. After my summer on fire I obtained a job with the a government program for 18 - 25 year olds called Americorps. I am currently working in Washington state on trail and disaster response crew where I build and maintain mountain​ bike trails, fall trees, build bridges and respond to national and local disasters. I recently was deployed to Louisiana last year to help folks whose homes were destroyed by the floods that occurred last year.

As much as I enjoy the work I do, I believe I am destined for much more.

Hunted
Hunter1904
Egg

Post by Hunter1904 »

I apologize for the multiple posts. User error on my part.

Hunter
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Hunter, chill out and welcome here. This place is a goldmine of experience if you want to join The Regiment.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Hunter, sounds like you've had some good times in life already. Good luck on getting that 13F Opt 40 contract. If you have any questions about being a 13F, let me know.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Hunter, Please continue to up-date us on your progress. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”