Introduction - Jordan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

itllbechangedanyways
Future Soldier

Introduction - Jordan

Post by itllbechangedanyways »

Good evening Rangers and forum members,

My name is Jordan. I'm 18 years old and about to graduate high school. Starting in July of this year, I will be reporting to the United States Military Academy at West Point to begin my 47 month journey to commission as an Officer in the Army. My goal upon commissioning is to branch Infantry. In this pipeline, assuming I am assigned Infantry, I will most likely be going through Ranger School and Airborne. I am interested in learning more about this process, gain advice and knowledge, and overall have personal growth and learn lessons from all of your combined expertise. Lastly, I am interested in potentially going for Regiment down the road, however I have not put as much research into the Officer side of RASP as I've focused on the general Infantry portion of it. Thank you for your time and I'd be happy to answer any questions about myself.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Jordan

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Jordan, If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
itllbechangedanyways
Future Soldier

Jim wrote:Welcome, Jordan, If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Never, never quit!
Thank you very much, Ranger Jim!
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Jordan, good luck in your adventures at West Point. Several of my officer counterparts did their schooling there and spoke very highly, in hindsight, of their time there :lol:

Several steps down the road -- Once you serve in the Army as a 2LT you need to reach out and find Regiment. It is unlikely Regiment will come to you. If you do not become a 11A you still have potential to serve in Regiment and be an outstanding officer. In case the OMLs or whatever else controls that fate does not give you what you desire, still strive to serve in the top capacity you can.

I would recommend you read what you can here on the website or external to here. Then, when the time is correct, start a topic in "Letters from School" and keep us updated or ask questions there specific to your travels through West Point. I am not sure that we have had someone keep in touch with the site about West Point from start to finish. It could give this place even more knowledge to pass to aspiring young people or at least updated it to something new.

Looking forward to hearing back from you on all that. Welcome here, ask questions when needed and have fun!
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
itllbechangedanyways
Future Soldier

Disinfertention wrote:Jordan, good luck in your adventures at West Point. Several of my officer counterparts did their schooling there and spoke very highly, in hindsight, of their time there :lol:

Several steps down the road -- Once you serve in the Army as a 2LT you need to reach out and find Regiment. It is unlikely Regiment will come to you. If you do not become a 11A you still have potential to serve in Regiment and be an outstanding officer. In case the OMLs or whatever else controls that fate does not give you what you desire, still strive to serve in the top capacity you can.

I would recommend you read what you can here on the website or external to here. Then, when the time is correct, start a topic in "Letters from School" and keep us updated or ask questions there specific to your travels through West Point. I am not sure that we have had someone keep in touch with the site about West Point from start to finish. It could give this place even more knowledge to pass to aspiring young people or at least updated it to something new.

Looking forward to hearing back from you on all that. Welcome here, ask questions when needed and have fun!
Thank you very much, Ranger Disinfertention! I will gladly post updates about my journey through the Academy. Thanks for the advice!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jordan, please keep us up-dated on your progress.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”