Another letter from GravityMan (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

Another letter from GravityMan (RANGER)

Post by Earthpig »

This one is pretty cool. Here's why:
1.) It's rare that I get return responses, as the first letter I write to these guys brings them lots of smoke. This dude was smoked for 20 minutes and wrote back the next day! Didn't even phase him!
2.) If I'm interpretting it correctly, he apparently suspects one of his Drill Sgt's of being a possible poser and wants us to check him out! :lol:
Here's the letter:
Ranger EarthPig,

I just received your letter last evening during drill. The last 3-4 days, we had a problem with some paperwork in our company, so no one could pick up mail. Last night, we had at least 75 letters. Yours was one of the first he picked out, so flutterkicks commenced for the 20 minutes it took to hand out the crate of mail. All with a smile, though. :D

It's week 4 and total control is done with. They give you a lot more freedom to see if you can handle it, or if you're going to hang yourselves. We have also started BRM this week. Our company has a new idea this cycle (I think it was the CO's idea). Apparently, because of all the accidental discharges and injuries in Iraq/Afganistan, they are emphasizing weapons safety a lot more. The experiment is as follows. Everytime a private has his weapon, it will be loaded with around 10 blanks. The exception to this being everytime we enter the company area, we must clear our weapons. I am just waiting for a bunch of blanks to go off, once they issue them to us next week. Too many retards here.

Also, I found out an interesting piece of info during DS time the other night. DS XXXXXXX was lecturing us on how we need to pay attention to training, how he did nothing but train for the first 1 1/2 years, etc. Then, he let it slip that he went to RIP and to a Ranger Bat. He hasn't told us many details on his time in or Rangers in general. Quiet professionals, I suppose. It seems that everyone at the site has good connections to network with, so I will give you what info I have. SSG XXXX XXXXX. DS ZZZZ ZZZZZZ (101st combat vet) said something about RIP being at Ft. Campbell, too. I was like "WTF" in my head, but didn't correct him. He isn't too fond of Rangers. He thinks they're too arrogant. Still a cool guy, though.

We have a PT test this week and BRM, so we'll be pretty busy, but I'll update when I can. Lot's of free time on Sunday, though.

FIDO
GravityMan
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Dang, these two Ray80 and Gravity man have got their feet planted firmly on the ground.

So Gman gave you the name to check out EP?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Steadfast wrote:So Gman gave you the name to check out EP?
Yes....I just edited it in the post.
RLTW
EP
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

Hey EP, what are the odds we could get that name tossed into the backyard dog-pit?
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Bell

Post by Bell »

Dublo wrote:Hey EP, what are the odds we could get that name tossed into the backyard dog-pit?
Bubba wants to know. :shock: :shock:

RLTW
Bell
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: Another letter from GravityMan

Post by Bugsy »

EarthPig wrote:.....said something about RIP being at Ft. Campbell, too............. He isn't too fond of Rangers. He thinks they're too arrogant.
A so called former Ranger yet he claims RIP is at Ft. Campbell, and he doesn't like our unit!?!

Looks like GravityMan is gettin sharper by the minute. Ranger EP toss' this DS over the wall. :twisted:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Post by Guest »

Dublo wrote:Hey EP, what are the odds we could get that name tossed into the backyard dog-pit?
I'll post it for ya.
RLTW
EP
Bell

Post by Bell »

Who the hell is "guest"? Oh, he even signed the damn thing. hahahahaha

RLTW
Bell
Bell

Post by Bell »

GravityMan, you're starting to impress me. I appreciate your letter and want to thank you for the information. This is gonna be interesting.

RLTW
Bell
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

I'd like to know his name.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

H8 Train wrote:I'd like to know his name.
Check the Mojo....I posted it there, "Per Dublo's Request."
RLTW
EP
Gravity Man
Ranger

Update

Post by Gravity Man »

Rangers,

I am just starting Week 6 and enjoying myself. It's been really lax this weekend. Movie on friday night, work detail and MWR concert on Saturday and my 9 hour pass today. Our company is doing pretty well overall, esp. with BRM. I am disappointed in my score though. 32/40 for Sharpshooter.

Things are looking great so far. A little nervous about RIP I'll admit(the unknown) but I can't wait to get there. Damn....they rape you on this internet cost. I will continue to update via Ranger EarthPig.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Good to hear from you G-Man! Your marksmanship will get better with practice and some good coaching. Concerts, movies???? Sheesh! Sounds like tough duty! :lol: I'm just jealous because I didn't get that stuff. Keep up the good work, G-Man. You're getting closer to the OBJ each day.
RLTW
EP
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Good short SIREP Gman. Stay focused and drive on. RIP is an unknown to you but so was OSUT before you got here. Just keep going forward, let no training deter you, just aid you. :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bell

Post by Bell »

Drive on ya little shit. Yer gonna be a Ranger some day. Don't quit. Don't ever quit. You'll always regret it and will be ashamed of yourself forever.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Letters from School”